Driver's Mate - Home Delivery
Wembley Wembley Abbeydale Road HA0 1TW 51.5395354 -0.2858646
£24,960.00 per annum
Wincanton are looking for people who are passionate about delivering excellent customer service to join us as a Driver's Mate - Home Delivery in our award-winning IKEA contract in Wembley, London.
- £10 per hour
- 5 days out of 7
- Start times between 05:00 - 06:00
- Regular weekend and Bank Holiday working
The role will involve assisting the driver, customers service and delivering furniture as part of a two-person team. If you enjoy a varied workload and are keen to develop your career in a growing and fast paced organisation, this could be the next career move for you!
- Permanent 48 hour a week contract
- 28 days annual leave includes bank holidays
- Access to the Professional Driver Programme – Class 2 Licence Acquisition
- Company pension scheme
- Child care vouchers
- Full Uniform
- RAC discount
- High street, Online Stores and Restaurant Discounts
In this role, you will:
- Be passionate about providing an excellent customer experience to our customers in their homes
- Work efficiently to tight deadlines to ensure customer satisfaction targets and service targets are adhered to in line with our values and behaviours
- Keep in regular communication with both customers and colleagues to update on progress and manage expectations effectively
- Be physically able to carry furniture in our customers’ homes, taking care to protect their property and personal effects
- Help the driver to keep the truck, lorry or van you use clean, tidy and well cared for so it is ready to be used the next day
- DBS check will be undertaken
Due to the nature of the work heavy lifting is required. It is therefore essential that the successful applicant is capable to carry out this nature of work.
Experience and Qualifications
You will be:
- Passionate about delivering excellence
- Confident, engaging, polite and friendly
- Understanding, calm, professional and a team player
- Ideally hold a driving licence with no more than 6 points
- Be willing to upskill to a driver role via the Professional Driving Programme
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is "to make our customers business’s better, every day."
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
£24,960.00 per annum