Class 1 Bulk Tank Driver (tramper)
Northampton Northampton Weedon Road, Westgate Industrial Estate NN5 5AL 52.2371154999 -0.9266079
Up to £34,465.52 per annum
CALLING ALL CLASS 1 DRIVERS TO JOIN OUR EXPANDING TRANSPORT FLEET!
Permanent Role – OTE £34,465.52 per annum - weekly pay
We currently have a permanent vacancy for a committed and reliable Class 1 Bulk Tank Driver (tramper) to work on our Cement Link contract based in Northampton, delivering construction materials predominantly Bulk Cement.
Contracted to 48 hours per week (minus breaks) however you may be required to work an average of 50 - 55 hours.
Working Monday to Friday plus the occasional Saturday with start times between 0400 and 0600.
There will also be a requirement for 2 to 4 nights out per week.
- £11.54 - basic hourly rate
- £14.43 - Saturday hourly rate
- £17.31 - Sunday hourly rate
- £25.00 - night out allowance
Basic Salary - £28,803.84 pa based on 48 hours per week and no uplifts.
Potential Salary - £34,465.52 pa based on 50 hours per week and 4 nights out per week.
What we expect from our drivers:
- You will be responsible for the accurate and timely movement and delivery of our customers’ products, servicing the Construction sector.
- Ensuring all documentation is completed accurately with attention to detail.
- Adhering to safe working practices to ensure the safety of yourself and others at all times.
- Complying with all relevant legislation in line with Drivers Hours and Working Time Directive requirements (opt out available).
Experience & Qualifications
- Must hold a valid Class 1 licence
- Must hold a valid driver CPC and Digi tacho card.
- Minimum 12 months Class 1 driving experience required.
- Must be fully flexible on working hours.
- Full bulk tanker training will be provided.
- Possess excellent customer facing awareness.
- Good timekeeper and able to work unsupervised.
- Enthusiastic and reliable with a commitment to delivering 1st class customer service.
- Must have good communication skills and a flexible ‘can do’ attitude to work.
- Must have a good geographical knowledge.
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company, we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Up to £34,465.52 per annum