Class 1 Gas Tanker Driver
Penrith Penrith CA11 9BF 54.6652053 -2.7695561
Penrith, Avanti Gas
Wincanton are recruiting Class 1 ADR Gas Tanker Lorry Drivers to work out of Penrith
- Working 5 out of 7 days mornings or afternoons
- Working an average of 48 hours per week
- Average 10 - 12 hours per shifts
- Essential DCPC training
- Paid holiday entitlement
- Company pension scheme
- Child care vouchers
- RAC discount
- High street, Online Stores and Restaurant Discounts
- £500 for recommending a lorry driver friend and your friend also gets £250!
- All bank holidays off if wish to apart from Good Friday
- Daily loading of the vehicle at the designated fuel terminal or company depot following all operational procedures and health & safety guidelines and delivering to depots or farms
- Completion of appropriate paperwork to ensure that delivery facilities are completed effectively, in a timely manner and with 100% accuracy
- To carry out deliveries to both the customer and contractual service level requirements
- To ensure contractual KPI’s over delivery of product is undertaken in both a legally compliant and health and safety manner
- Keep truck clean at all times
APPLY HERE https://careers.wincanton.co.uk/search/
Experience and Qualifications
- Must hold a valid HGV Class 1 (C+E) licence
- Must hold a valid Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (DCPC Card)
- Must hold a Digital Tachograph card
- Must not have more than 6 points on your licence
- Essential must have Class 3 ADR in Tanks – Flammable liquids
- Must have minimum 2 years Class 1 driving experience including minimum 6 months fuel tanker experience
- Must have forecourt and commercial fuel experience
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include full uniform, safety equipment, access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support us in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company, we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Penrith, Avanti Gas