Transport Planning Manager
Rudheath Rudheath Wincanton for Morrisons, Gadbrook 2, King Street CW9 7WA 53.2480959 -2.4849643999
Hours/shifts: Any 5 from 7 including weekends, 9 hour shifts starting between 6:30am-10:30am with flexibility for any additional support.
We are looking for a Transport Planning Manager to join one of our key Grocery sites at Morrisons Gadbrook.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Manage and optimise the resourcing plan for the transport operation to consistently meet the requirements of our client
- To manage all planning activities to ensure that operational efficiencies, budgetary/financial KPI’s and contractual commitments are met
- Manage a small team of planners
- Maintain a close working relationship with internal and external stakeholders,
- Work closely with agency suppliers to maintain the required levels of drivers to meet the needs of the business.
- Utilising the transport planning system to maximise route planning within the given time constraints and service criteria.
- Create and continuously improve transport schedule to ensure optimised efficiency
- Planning around a store delivery network, backhaul opportunities
- Effective fleet utilisation and minimisation of empty vehicles
What will you bring?
- An experienced transport planning professional experienced in running large road transport fleets either in a in house or 3PL environment
- Highly analytical and data driven with experience of transport planning management, routing and planning software packages.
- Ability to communicate effectively and constructively, diplomatically challenging and addresses site operational issues in a open and collaborative manner
- Lead from the front with an open and approachable hands on coaching style
- You will be logical and data driven in understanding problems and developing practical solutions including setting KPI’s, targets and goals for monitoring and evaluating operations and ensuring cost effectiveness
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Google Sheets
- Relish the opportunity to motivate and develop a small but highly capable team.
- Resilient and able to work under changing deadlines
- Geographical knowledge of the Gadbrook Delivery locations
- This role includes shift and weekend work as we operate on a 24/7 basis, therefore its essential that you are flexible in your approach to work.
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more.
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.