Senior Marketing Manager
Birmingham Birmingham Faraday Avenue B46 1AL 52.5243194 -1.7010951
Reporting to the Head of Marketing & Communications this role requires someone with excellent marketing strategy and planning experience, as well as an ability to lead the development of relevant marketing activities, in collaboration with the sales team, that will drive the bottom line.
With proven experience and a strategic marketing approach, we are looking for a dynamic Senior Marketing Manager to drive the marketing contribution to the sales pipeline, business growth and to build the Wincanton reputation.
Working with key stakeholders across the business, candidates should be comfortable multi-tasking and working in a fast-paced environment.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Marketing strategy and planning - work alongside Head of Marketing & Communications in creating and delivering marketing strategy and plans for 2022.
- Marketing plans - drive the development and delivery of marketing plans to align with the business’ strategic goals and differentiate Wincanton’s propositions, drawing on the full marketing mix (web, video, direct mail, collateral, events), working with the key stakeholders (Business Directors, Managing Directors, Heads of Sales).
- Lead generation - drive marketing activity to increase lead generation across online, direct marketing, events etc. ensuring clear objectives, measurable results and ROI, working in collaboration with the sales and insight teams to understand the target audiences.
- Marketing campaigns - lead all planning and delivery of marketing campaigns and in-line with approved marketing plans, to support the increase in leads for the sales team. This includes participating, sometimes leading, project teams.
- Events -
- Responsibility for planning and delivery of Wincanton's thought leadership events such as roundtables, webinars and industry events/sponsorship.
- Organisation of whole events, including speaking, interviews and social media publicity, prior, during and post events, to agreed themes and objectives.
- Marketing / sales content - responsible for developing value proposition and creating sales collateral content that are in line with Wincanton's sector and market propositions and customer user journeys.
- Insight - support the sales team by working in collaboration with the Customer Insight & Market Analyst to provide research material for target and existing accounts.
- Brand - responsible for ensuring Wincanton's brand guidelines are incorporated into all marketing output. Including the production of all external and internal documentation, to ensure that material of the highest quality, consistent and professional.
- Reporting -
- Develop, maintain and circulate monthly reporting on activities.
- As required, present Group marketing activities / updates to key stakeholders.
- Team management -
- Management of two team members, with one direct report, to assist in supporting key accountabilities, but also career development and training requirements.
- Provide marketing cover to Head of department as and when required, eg holiday absence and sickness.
What will you bring?
- Degree in marketing, business or related field or CIM qualifications, along with 5 years+ expertise in B2B marketing management
- Proven track record in developing marketing strategy and plans, as well as multi-channel B2B campaigns
- Proven experience in articulating value propositions for different channels
- Provable success in managing lead generation programs
- Good planning, scheduling and analytical abilities with an eye for detail
- Proactive approach and forward thinking, with the ability to work independently to set deadlines
- High enthusiasm and drive coupled with good interpersonal skills and being a good communicator, along with being a quick learner
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative whilst being a team player, as well as providing a good level of team motivation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management, multi-tasking and decision-making skills
- Understanding and experience of Account Based Marketing (ABM) principles
- Experience with marketing automation and CRM tools
- Proficiency with online marketing and social media strategy
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, private healthcare, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme ,employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking + much more
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result you should submit your CV as soon as possible!