IT Service Desk Analyst
Chippenham Chippenham Methuen Park SN14 0WT 51.445851 -2.147076
UK Chippenham Head Office - 12189
Wincanton is recruiting for a Service Desk Analyst to join the team in our Head Office.
The Service Desk Analyst works in the operations function providing a single first point of contact to all users, for the resolution of incidents and the administration of IT service requests.
Hours of work between are between 7am and 7pm but currently working 7am-5pm Mon-Fri, rotating shift pattern 07:00-15:30 / 08:30-17:00.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Provide 1st line IT technical support, taking ownership of the customer Incident or Service Request and see it through to resolution
- Monitor support ticket queues ensuring incidents are actioned in line with SLA’s
- Maintain support tickets correctly and keep the client updated with progress every day
- Ensure any Incidents or Service Requests that cannot be resolved by the Service Desk are escalated appropriately
- Create a positive impression of the Service Desk by building a rapport with the customer, focussing on business needs and delivering best possible customer service
- Handle all queries and updates professionally and efficiently, maintaining a high degree of customer service
- Assist with Infrastructure tasks as and when required
- Maintain user security on all systems
- Completion of Service Requests
- Administration of Active Directory, End User Devices, Office 365 and Business Applications
What will you bring?
The successful candidate will provide excellent customer service and quality technical support. They must be well organised, self-motivated, punctual, adaptable and flexible in their approach to work. They must also be able to prioritise a variable workload and know when to escalate a problem appropriately. They will be required to communicate effectively with pressurised users at all levels, often whilst under pressure themselves. Whilst demonstrating that they are an excellent team player.
- Proactive individual able to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- Excellent and demonstrable interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and written
- Customer focussed attitude with positive approach
- Excellent telephone manner, listening and empathy skills
- Problem solving and diagnostic skills
- Team player; works with and supports the rest of the team
- Good knowledge of service management toolsets and best practice e.g. ServiceNow and ITIL
- Proven experience & understanding of IT infrastructure, desktop and business applications
- Span of technical knowledge to encompass all versions of MS Windows, Basic TCP/IP Networking, Citrix, all versions of MS Office including Office 365
- Ability to follow processes, policies, procedures and guidelines to ensure consistent quality of service
- Proven track record working in a Service Desk role
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, home working, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more.
**We are open to having conversations about flexible working.
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
UK Chippenham Head Office - 12189