Nights Warehouse Supervisor
Preston Brook Preston Brook Whitehouse Industrial Estate, Aston Lane North WA7 3BN 53.349864 -2.522161
UK Runcorn Preston Brook B&Q - 12315
This role requires working the nightshift any 5/7, hours are 7pm-5am with flexibility required.
We are currently looking to recruit a Warehouse Supervisor (X-Dock Supervisor) to join our B&Q operation based in Preston Brook managing a team of 6-10 staff.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Your responsibilities will include all aspects of safety, service, cost and people management and achievement of the appropriate KPI’s;
- Proactively motivating the team to achieve planned targets and deadlines by providing guidance and encouragement;
- To ensure the operation achieves targeted daily and weekly KPIs, through effective use of the planning / scheduling information available;
- To ensure the department provides a quality first class service to the customer.
- To ensure the department operates within the legal constraints of the sites operators license;
- Ensure the operation is fully compliant with legislation and company tachograph policy were applicable;
- Ensure the site complies with Health and Safety legislation;
- Assist in the recruitment and training of the Warehouse Team;
- Build customer confidence through demonstrating a thorough knowledge of the operation;
- Responsible for the continued development of the Warehouse Team including performance plans and reviews;
- Ensure a proactive approach to Health & Safety ensuring that all staff comply and that current standards of Health & Safety are exceeded.
- Involvement in driving the environmental agenda along with an active involvement in community projects;
- To grow and develop Preston Brook site culture;
- To play a key role in the continual improvement of process/ methods of the sites operating procedures;
- Liaise closely with other departments, third parties and sites, building a detailed understanding of the operation and systems function;
- Manage and conduct investigations, disciplinary and grievance hearings as required;
- Manage the absence levels within the Operations Team;
- To undertake such additional duties as may be reasonably required;
- Maintain plan to monitor any damage found on Fork lift Trucks, and racking , also ensuring the daily /weekly hygiene programme of FLT are maintained.
- Ensure all exceptions are checked and monitored via the CRM system to ensure transparency, throughout to ensure control of the returns process.
- Returns Process and tracking stock processes throughout the operations .
- Reporting to the Operations Manager
- Duties/tasks listed within the context of this job description are not exhaustive
What will you bring?
- Experience of working within an operations environment, covering Warehouse Operations .
- Understanding of Warehouse kpi targets;
- Experience of working within a unionised environment would be advantageous;
- Experience of supervising/managing a team;
- Ability to work shifts (days and nights) inclusive of weekends, as the depot currently operates Tuesday to Saturday operation -But contractually its any 5 from 7 . therefore, it is essential that the successful candidate has a flexible approach to work
- Ability to use MS Word and Excel effectively
- Ability to use Microlise System effectively
- Excellent communication skills combined with logical problem-solving skills
- Proven strong leadership skills.
- Proven ability to grow within a role and develop themselves.
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, home working, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more.
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
UK Runcorn Preston Brook B&Q - 12315