Assistant Finance Team Leader FTC
Chippenham Chippenham Methuen Park SN14 0WT 51.445851 -2.147076
UK Chippenham Head Office - 12189
We have a 6-month FTC requirement (potential to go permanent) within our Centralised Invoicing team to assist the Senior Team Leader in managing a team of invoicing coordinators to provide centralised invoicing for Finance I&T, managing the relationships with I&T Finance Business Partners, management and central teams and resolving problems, disputes and queries.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
In line with Wincanton’s overall Strategy and within the newly formed I&T Transaction Hub, this Central Finance role focuses on;
- Assist in overseeing the end to end Customer Invoicing process for all I&T business units
- Completing invoicing and billing and customer self bill reconciliations, to defined service levels, on behalf of all I&T business units.
- Ensures daily responsibilities are accomplished by the team and necessary checks are completed.
- Carrying out the reconciliation of sales revenues to sub contract
- Understanding and resolving any queries arising
- Operating defined standard processes efficiently, accurately and in a timely way.
- Managing the relationship with business unit finance teams
- Working closely with the Transactional Accounting and Accounting Controls teams to ensure accounting integrity and maximise cash flows.
- Continually drive process improvement to ensure efficiency
- Support the Snr Team Leader in any company-wide project that is relevant to I&T
What will you bring?
Skills and experience:
- AAT qualified (or equivalent) or part ACCA or CIMA qualified, desirable.
- Excellent Excel skills are essential
- Experience in developing and managing a team is desirable
- Demonstrable analytical skills and attention to detail
- Experience of a haulage operation is desirable.
- Organised and able to plan, prioritise and meet deadlines
- A can do attitude to persevere in the face of setbacks and make change happen
- Great communication skills with colleagues at all levels
- A trusted leader who will inspire their team to deliver great performance, in line with our values.
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, home working, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more.
**We are open to having conversations about flexible working
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
UK Chippenham Head Office - 12189