HR Assistant - Part Time
Doncaster Doncaster Rockingham Way, Redhouse Interchange DN6 7FB 53.633134 -0.252186
UK Doncaster B&Q - 12590
£11,200 per annum
The opportunity has arisen for a part time HR / People Assistant to join our B&Q site in Doncaster working 20 hours per week. Reporting to the People Advisor, the overall purpose of the role is to provide the site management team with support and guidance in relation to all HR related topics.
Shift pattern would ideally be Monday to Thursday 10am-3pm or Monday to Friday 11am-3pm but we could give some flexibility to this for the right candidate.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- General HR administration including employee relation correspondence;
- Maintenance of confidential HR records;
- Dealing with a variety of written correspondence and telephone queries;
- Liaison with central HR and Payroll teams at the People Support Hubs;
- Supporting and working with line managers to manage the sites Kronos time and attendance system;
- To assist with absence recording and monitoring attendance, including long term sickness, welfare meetings and secure Occupational Health support as required;
- Note taking at employee relation meetings including investigations and grievances;
- Contributing towards the improvement of processes/methods of operating practices within the department;
- Assist in the management of the Flexible Working process;
- Liaising with union representatives;
- Producing regular and adhoc management reports using relevant IT systems;
- Assisting in employee engaging activities e.g. Induction, Employee Surveys, Vision, Mission and Values, Employee of the Month, Appraisals;
What will you bring?
- Good understanding of current employment legislation and Working Time Regulations;
- Previous HR experience and/or working towards a CIPD qualification;
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate relevant experience to work in a fast paced logistics operation;
- Applicants must be proficient in MS Office and have good IT ability (training will be provided for systems);
- Applicants must have the ability to problem solve and use their own initiative;
- Applicants must have the ability to maintain high standards whilst working under pressure and to deadlines;
- Applicants must be able to provide exceptional organisational and administrative skills;
- Applicants must be resilient, an effective communicator and be able to develop good working relationships at all levels;
- Payroll experience is desirable
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; annual leaves + bank hols with the option to buy more, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more
Our people are our most important asset and as such we are continuously expanding our capability programs to provide you with opportunities to build and extend your professional, functional, and management skills. Your development through coaching is our priority. Continuous learning takes place through a broad variety of opportunities and types of engagements. Access to the latest technological innovations in the logistics and supply chain industry, as well as Wincanton’s deep knowledge and expertise in our field, constitute a superb platform for your professional development.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result, you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
UK Doncaster B&Q - 12590
£11,200 per annum