Finance Business Partner
Bridgwater Bridgwater TA6
Reporting into the Finance & Commercial Manager as a finance business partner to the Operations teams, with finance responsibility for the EDF contract within Wincanton’s Infrastructure Business Unit. Working closely with the client, finance team and the operational team, the individual will contribute to the leadership, strategy and direction of the contract.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Reporting to the Commercial Manager this role will be responsible for the day to day financial governance of the EDF contract.
- Management and development of the Assistant Accountant.
- To help develop the Infrastructure business unit working on internal and external bids to large PLC corporations.
- Manage all financial activities in relation to the contract in a manner that adds value to the client, and to the business. Challenging results with narrative and commentary to the business.
- Management Reporting - P&L, Management reporting and commentary and KPI analysis.
- To ensure a strong financial control environment, with strong reporting and balance sheet controls developed and adhered to.
- Significant use of commercial modelling and data manipulation to challenger & drive business performance.
- Creation of customer approval papers to evaluate commercial modelling.
- Ensure financial audits are conducted in line with Wincanton policy, procedure and financial regulations.
- To ensure a high quality and efficient service is provided both internally and externally to achieve area targets.
- To ensure all financial procedures are dealt with timely and efficiently in line with procedures.
- Ensures relevant financial policies are applied, and financial records are accurate and timely.
- Build a rapport, develop trust with the client, finance and operations colleagues.
- Understands and embraces the culture of the business and actively participates in developing an open / honest environment.
- Support the management team, providing regular information relating to performance vs target and areas for potential improvement.
- Ensures budgets and forecasts have been accurately compiled with regard to underlying operating assumptions. Utilising best practise at all times.
- Leading the task order process, this including creating, challenging and monitoring each task order.
- Understanding and interpreting the NEC3 contract
What will you bring?
- Fully qualified in an accounting qualification - ACCA/ACMA/CIMA.
- Excellent budgeting, balance sheet, and ledger knowledge with experience of creating complex models which allow end users to easily interpret and act on resulting information.
- The ability to drive business change in addition to producing information.
- To think outside of the norm, challenging and creating best practise in all aspects of the financial spectrum.
- Experience of commercial data modelling.
- Understanding the dynamics of open/closed book contracts.
- Strong IT skills including Excel data modelling, and reconciliation of large quantities of data.
- Use of BI software, with a proven track record of improving business performance.
- Previous experience of working on an NEC3 contract would be advantageous
- Previous experience of using the CEMAR system would be advantageous
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more.
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.