Southampton Southampton B&Q Depot, 23 Oriana way SO16 0YU 50.9391827 -1.4764026
UK Southampton B&Q
A fantastic new vacancy has arisen for Transport Supervisor to join our B&Q distribution centre based in Southampton.
Working days are permanently Tuesday- Saturday, rotating early and late shifts - week 1 circa 0530-1530 and week 2 late shift is 0930-1930 however these can be subject to change depending on the candidate and the teams requirements.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Your responsibilities will include all aspects of safety, service, cost and people management and achievement of the appropriate KPI’s;
- Proactively motivating the team to achieve planned targets and deadlines by providing guidance and encouragement;
- To ensure the operation achieves targeted daily and weekly KPIs, through effective use of the planning / scheduling information available;
- To ensure the department operates within the legal constraints of the sites operators license;
- Ensure the operation complies with the Road Traffic Act;
- Ensure the Site complies with health and safety legislation;
- Assist in the recruitment and training of the Operations Team;
- Build customer confidence through demonstrating a thorough knowledge of the operation;
- Responsible for the continued development of the Operations Team including performance plans and reviews;
- Ensure a proactive approach to Health & Safety ensuring that all staff comply and that current standards of Health & Safety are exceeded.
- To grow and develop Southampton site culture always;
- To play a key role in the continual improvement of process/ methods of the sites operating procedures;
- Liaise closely with other departments, third parties and Sites, building a detailed understanding of the Operation and systems function;
- Manage and conduct investigations, disciplinary and grievance hearings as required;
- Manage the absence levels within the Operations team;
- To undertake such additional duties as may be reasonably required for the effective role within the site;
- Maintain plan to Monitor Any damage found on Vehicles, also the Daily /weekly Hygiene programme of vehicle is maintained.
- Daily checks are managed through Microlise system and maintained as per legal requirements and Company standards.
- Ensure All exceptions are checked and monitored Via the CRM system to ensure transparency.
- Reporting to the CDC Manager.
- Organize driver and vehicle rotes to ensure achievement of planned targets and deadlines.
- Duties/tasks listed within the context of this job description are not exhaustive
What will you bring?
- Experience of working within an Operations environment. Covering Transport and warehouse.
- Knowledge of computerised scheduling and driver management (FTA) an advantage.
- Understanding of transport driver targets;
- Experience of working within a unionised environment would be advantageous;
- Experience of supervising / managing a team;
- Ability to work shifts inclusive of weekends, as the depot operates Tuesday to Saturday operation therefore it is essential that the successful candidate has a flexible approach to work;
- Ability to use MS Word and Excel effectively
- Ability to Use Microlise System effectively
- Excellent communication skills combined with logical problem-solving skills
- Proven Strong leadership skills.
- Proven Ability to Grow within a role and develop themselves.
- This would suit someone from a planning background
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more.
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
Note to recruitment agencies: we prefer to recruit direct, but we do have a Preferred Supplier List for when we need a helping hand. We’ll be in touch if we need you.
UK Southampton B&Q