Permanent Warehouse Operative
Saint Helens Saint Helens Unit B/C Old Boston Trading Park, Wilcock Road WA11 9UR 53.4771218 -2.6574596
Haydock - Alstom
Start up Operation
Be in at the start of something new!
Wincanton and Alstom are entering into an exciting phase of their partnership with a new site opening at Haydock to provide material management to support the refurbishment of passenger trains
We are currently looking to recruit a number of roles to start in the coming weeks.
Monday to Friday Dayshift - 38.75 hours per week
Training will be provided
Reporting to the Team Leader, the successful candidates can expect a varied and interesting working environment that will see them involved in all parts of the operation.
- Complying with site health and safety standards to ensure own safety and that of colleagues
- Carrying out IT transactions including stock receipts and transfers
- Preparing items for despatch, re-packing as required
- Ensuring all work meets with customers’ specifications,
- Ensuring the production plan and agreed schedules are met
- Completing cycle count activities
- Maintaining quarantine logs and escalating for resolution as appropriate
- Ensuring all paperwork procedures are observed and adhered to
- Carrying out pre-checks and inspections according to Health and Safety requirements
- Removing waste / material packaging to designated areas
- Attending daily/weekly reviews as required
- General housekeeping and hygiene duties to maintain high standards in work areas
- Carry out any additional tasks as agreed with your Team Leader.
Experience and Qualifications
- IT skills
- Able to provide a high standard of customer service
- A proactive, flexible and "can do" attitude to resolve issues and challenges
- Good attention to detail and an accurate and precise way of working to ensure all documentation and data is correct.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team but also independently and to show initiative
- Security vetting successfully completed
- Counterbalance Fork Lift and Reach Truck licenses would be an advantage although training can be provided
We really value our people and offer a friendly,safety first working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include 24 days holiday plus 8 public holidays company pension scheme, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme a range of high street discounts, discounted mobile phone contracts including friends and family discounts and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons that make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 19,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Haydock - Alstom