Transport Operations Manager
Glasgow Glasgow Unit 7 Clydesmill Place, Clydesmill Industrial Estate G32 8RF 55.881265 -4.364645
UK Cambuslang B&Q - 12628
We have an exciting opportunity for a Transport Operations Manager to join the team at our B&Q site in Cambuslang. Reporting to the CDC Manager your responsibilities will include all aspects of safety, service, cost and people management and achievement of the appropriate KPI’s.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to work Tuesday-Saturday.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Proactively motivating the team to achieve planned targets and deadlines by providing guidance and encouragement;
- To ensure the operation achieves targeted daily and weekly KPIs, through effective use of the planning/scheduling information available;
- To ensure the department provides a quality first class service to the customer;
- To ensure the department operates within the legal constraints of the sites operators license;
- Ensure the operation is fully compliant with legislation and company tachograph policy where applicable;
- Ensure the operation complies with the Road Traffic Act;
- Ensure the site complies with Health and Safety legislation;
- Ensuring transport financial performance is within budget;
- Assist in the recruitment and training of the Operations Team;
- Build customer confidence through demonstrating a thorough knowledge of the operation;
- Responsible for the continued development of the Operations Team including performance plans and reviews;
- Accountability for health, safety and environmental requirements to operate the site;
- Involvement in driving the environmental agenda along with an active involvement in community projects;
- To grow and develop site culture at all times;
- To play a key role in the continual improvement of process/methods of the sites operating procedures;
- Liaise closely with other departments, sites and third parties, building a detailed understanding of the full operation and systems functions.
- Manage and conduct investigations, disciplinary and grievance hearings as required;
- Manage the absence levels within the Operations Team;
- To undertake such additional duties as may be reasonably required;
- Create and develop progressive plan to monitor any damage found on vehicles,
- Ensure the daily/weekly hygiene programme of vehicles is in place and maintained.
- Manage daily checks through the Microlise system and maintained as per legal requirements and company standards.
- Ensure all exceptions are checked and monitored via the CRM system to ensure transparency.
- Provide cover for CDC Manager.
- Complete daily and weekly reports covering all aspects of the Operation.
- Duties/tasks listed within the context of this job description are not exhaustive
What will you bring?
- Experience of working within a transport environment with full knowledge of transport legislation.
- Knowledge of computerised scheduling and driver management packages an advantage.
- Understanding of transport driver targets;
- Experience of working within a unionised environment would be advantageous;
- Experience of supervising/managing a team;
- CPC international holder preferable;
- Ability to work shifts inclusive of weekends, as the depot operates Tuesday to Saturday operation - therefore it is essential that the successful candidate has a flexible approach to work.
- Ability to use MS Word and Excel effectively
- Excellent communication skills combined with logical problem-solving skills
- Customer focused and the ability to build effective relationships with the team, customer and other third parties
- Previous experience working within a Transport Department
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, home working, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more.
**We are open to having conversations about flexible working
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
UK Cambuslang B&Q - 12628