Kettering Kettering Polwell Lane NN15 5PD 52.3705919999 -0.6981506
UK Kettering Weetabix
£25k + company benefits
This is a key role to ensure H&S standards & compliance is achieved and maintained through high levels of employee engagement. The successful candidate will play a lead role in the formulation of site safety standards that will demonstrate a strong safety culture for employees, visitors and contractors
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third-party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do, and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Reporting to the SHEQ Manager you will promote the Wincanton Safety, Heath, Environment and Food Safety Manual, all related policies and procedures and action plans, ensuring compliance to all.
- Ensure that a best in class safety performance is delivered through a behavioural based safety culture
- Support the implementation of employee engagement strategy, resulting in a highly engaged and motivated workforce
- Support the annual review and updates of the site Risk Assessments and work closely with other departments to ensure Safe Systems of Work are suitable and sufficient
- Assist in maintaining standards that are equal to both OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 management systems
- Support, coach and guide local management teams on all aspects of H&S
- Assist with accident investigations, incidents, near miss reporting to make recommendations to avoid recurrence
- Monitor the effectiveness of the Company Safety Policy by carrying out inspections in association with site management and providing written reports of such inspections.
- Monitoring the implementation of the Wincanton SHE manual, RIVO Safeguard Minimum Safety Standards and related policies and procedures, ensuring compliance to all.
- Promotion of the safety strategy and glide path.
- Support both internal and external HS&E audits and inspections and complete internal H&S site audits, safety surveys and tours
- Deliver basic HS&E training to colleagues (e.g. Behavioural Safety, Toolbox talks)
- Ensure effective communication throughout the operation communicating planned requirements
- Help produce reports on Health and Safety and Environment as per company and customer requirements
- To participate in the health and safety and environmental committee, ensure and support all colleagues on site comply with Company and Client Health and Safety and Environmental policy and legislation
- Carry out site inductions with visitors, contractors and new colleagues
- To assist with regular legal conformance audits on site
What will you bring?
- Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrating the ability to operate at multiple levels and establish effective communication channels in both customer organisations and Wincanton
- Ideally formal qualification in health and safety such as NEBOSH General Certificate
- Qualification in auditing or experience of auditing
- Knowledge of OHSAS 18001 / ISO 14001 or experience of working to a safety / environmental management system
- Would be beneficial to have working knowledge of warehousing and distribution
- Motivated self-starter, comfortable working as part of a team and as an individual
- Self-disciplined and an effective personal / time planner with excellent organisational skills and a keen eye for detail
- The depot operates 24/7 therefore it is essential that you are flexible in your approach to work.
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organization so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result, you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
UK Kettering Weetabix
£25k + company benefits