Warehouse Shift Manager (NIGHTS) 12 months FTC
Middlewich Middlewich Wincanton General Haulage, Erf Way, Mid Point 18 CW10 0QJ 53.1866990203 -2.4266910552
UK Middlewich GH
£30k to £34k + company benefits
This is an excellent opportunity to work as part of a management team that promotes culture, performance and engagement with its talented customer.
Reporting to the Warehouse Manager, the successful candidate will be an ambassador in safety, performance and culture on shift. This role will have full responsibility and accountability for the shift.
This role requires a natural leader, someone who has an ability to engage with all stakeholders and an ability to successfully implement change. This is an excellent opportunity to work in partnership with a key strategic customer and build an established and talented contract team.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third-party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do, and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Accountable for NDC Warehouse operations on a shift by shift basis.
- Effectively deploy resource to achieve operational KPI’s (cost, quality and service).
- Ensure adherence to site procedures/standards via Team Leader involvement and audit process.
- Demonstrate a pro-active approach to risk management and adherence to site H&S regulations to ensure a safe working environment.
- Communicate effectively at all levels using all types of media (verbal, e-mail etc.).
- Develop and maintain an effective working relationship with the client and effective resolution of problems.
- Recruit, training, motivate and mentor Team Leaders to ensure a flexible team able to achieve departmental KPI’s (Succession Planning).
- Accountable for maintaining hygiene/housekeeping standards (HACCP).
- Actively involve support functions (i.e. Stocks) in achieving Warehouse targets and goals.
- Full site accountability in the absence of any senior management team (i.e. GM, Ops Manager).
What will you bring?
- Strong experience of manufacturing logistics / supply chain
- Line Management and effective People Skills
- Agile approach to strategy and planning with a proven experience of adapting operational plans to changing customer requirements
- Has worked within Continuous Improvement programmes and can demonstrate an appreciation of key methodologies and approaches
- Understands how to use IT / technology to drive performance
- High level of self-awareness and takes accountability for own development.
- Seeks and provides feedback on a regular basis.
- Ability to work in a team
- Succeeds in building effective stakeholder relationships with the ability to influence management team’s thinking to deliver high performance through a culture of accountability and ownership.
- Demonstrable exemplary customer relationship management skills with the flexibility in style, approach to manage a number of clients with varying requirements at the same time.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with an ability to influence at all levels. Able to manage conflict and tough conversations including complex IR issues.
- Experience of change management processes including successful delivery of change. Understands how people react to change and how to lead and manage through this.
- Able to manage Equality and Diversity issues and creates a culture of respect and “Dignity at Work” for all.
- Understands team dynamics and composition and applies knowledge to develop high performing teams.
- Understand key drivers to achieve high levels of employee engagement and uses these to deliver high performance.
- Personal resilience, tenacity and motivated by achievement.
- Must be an effective communicator and able to develop good working relationships across all levels
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, private healthcare, 25 days hols + bank hols, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme ,employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking and much more.
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result, you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
UK Middlewich GH
£30k to £34k + company benefits