Class 1 Bulk & Bagged Driver - Days or Tramping
Stoke-on-Trent Stoke-on-Trent Etruscan Street ST1 5PQ 53.0190652999 -2.1988893
£29,352.96 - £35,158.40 per annum
Permanent Role –Monday to Friday – Day Driver’s & Trampers Required – up to £35,158.40 per annum
Wincanton are recruiting for Class 1 LGV Lorry Drivers to join our Lafarge contract parking in Stoke-on-Trent.
- £29,352.96 per annum basic
- £35,158.40 per annum (based on 50 hours a week and 4 nights out)
- £11.76 per hour
- Monday – Friday
- Start times between 04:00 and 06:00
- Day drivers wanted
- Trampers wanted (tramping out 4 nights per week)
- £25 per night out
- £14.70ph – For hours worked on a Saturday
- £17.64ph – For hours worked on a Sunday
- Weekly pay
- Permanent 48 hour a week contract
- Essential DCPC training
- Full bulk tanker training provided
- 24 days paid holiday entitlement
- Access to company pension scheme
- Child care vouchers
- RAC discount
- High street, Online Stores and Restaurant Discounts
- £500 for recommending a lorry driver friend and your friend also gets £250!
Our fleet consists of both bulk powder vehicles and curtain sides, so you will be required to deliver both Powdered Bulk and Bagged Cement to construction sites within the UK, either working days or tramping out 4 nights per week.
What we expect from our drivers:
- You will be responsible for the accurate and timely movement and delivery of our customers’ products, servicing the Construction sector.
- Ensuring all documentation is completed accurately with attention to detail.
- Adhering to safe working practices to ensure the safety of yourself and others at all times.
- Complying with all relevant legislation in line with Drivers Hours and Working Time Directive requirements (opt out available).
- Always keep truck clean.
- Good timekeeper and able to work unsupervised.
- Enthusiastic and reliable with a commitment to delivering 1st class customer service.
- Must have good communication skills and a flexible ‘can do’ attitude to work.
- Must have a good geographical knowledge.
Experience and Qualifications
- Must hold a valid HGV LGV Class 1 licence
- Must hold a valid Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (DCPC Card)
- Must hold a Digital Tachograph card
- Must not have more than 6 points on your licence
- Minimum 12 months Class 1 driving experience required
- Must be fully flexible on working hours
- Possess excellent customer facing awareness
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company, we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
£29,352.96 - £35,158.40 per annum