Class 1 Driver
Bridgwater Bridgwater TA6 4GZ 51.1407065 -2.9758536
Class 1 Driver
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as grocery, milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
The good news is that our continued success and business growth has opened up an exciting opportunity for an experienced, driven, ambitious Class 1 Driver to join our successful team on the Morrisons Contract at Bridgwater.
The successful applicant would be involved in the transportation of goods to stores in the Southwest Region for our customer.
- Working on a 5 out of 7 shift pattern on a 6 week rota
- Various Start times available (anywhere between 1500hrs - 0400hrs)
- Deliveries across the South West region
- Responsible for ensuring documentation is completed accurately
- Shunter duties may also form part of the role
- You will have a proactive and committed approach towards all aspects of the job and ensure high standards in health and safety, customer service and legal compliance are met and exceeded
- Able to navigate your way around the UK and plan your day accordingly
- It is essential that the successfully candidates are able to work flexibly, unsupervised and in a pressurised environment
- Comply with relevant legislation in line with Drivers Hours and WTD requirements
- Possession of a C+E licence is essential
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.