Fleet Administraction Clerk
Northampton Northampton Nectar Way NN4 9BX 52.213068 -0.94683
UK Northampton Sainsburys - 11466
Summary and purpose of position:
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
An opportunity has arisen for a Transport Fleet Clerk to be based at our Distribution Centre in Northampton. This challenging and interesting role will appeal to an individual with drive, determination and enthusiasm.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsibility for the administration of up to 90-130 units, 200 trailers and 150+ MHE.
- Make sure all damage and maintenance repairs are processed in a timely manner.
- Provide feedback to the Fleet Operations Manager on damage trends, cost and timescales.
- Support line manager with regular service provider reviews to ensure best service and that all SLAs are adhered to.
- Organisation of all FTA audits on fleet and MHE resources.
- Adherence with legislation, company and customer procedures and all other requirements and guidance including
that to health and safety.
- Administrate financial records and spreadsheets.
- Administration of the movement of vehicles and associated activities.
- Undertake all activities in line with KPI requirements and SLA’s.
- Responsible for booking repairs and required maintenance with service providers.
- Track and communicate ongoing requirements with service providers whilst keeping customer appraised of
- Maintain the in-house and third party management software systems.
- Works closely with key operational partners within other departments, depots and customer locations.
- Other site administration as and when required.
- Work in accordance with safe working practice for all areas within Site in conjunction with the management team to minimise accidents and claims.
- Reporting to the Fleet Manager
Experience, skills, attributes and the Person:
- Excellent administration and organisational skills
- Demonstrable experience within Fleet/Transport departments
- Commercial awareness and understanding of the contractual operating environment
- High standard of administration and computer skills including Microsoft office, Outlook and relevant software.
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Must maintain a high level of professionalism at all times.
- Excellent relationship building with verbal and written communication skills.
- Ambitious, motivated and willing to learn and develop
- Experience of effectively prioritising and organising workload
- Attention to detail to ensure accurate records maintained
- Team player, self-motivated, flexible and confident
- Confident communicator.
The above position will include shift and weekend working as the depot operates 24/7 therefore, it is essential that you are flexible in your approach to work.
If you believe you have the skills and qualifications to meet this criterion please apply via the Wincanton website – www.wincanton.co.uk.
UK Northampton Sainsburys - 11466