Nights Transport Coordinator
Worsley Worsley Unit 5, Holloway Drive, Wardley Industrial Estate M28 2LA 53.5150713 -2.3587158
A great opportunity has arisen to join our Energy Link contract as a Transport Coordinator responsible for transport planning, working as part of a team on a flexible shift pattern.
The shift pattern for the role is over a 24/5 period on a shift basis.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- To be part of, a flexible team working within Transport Planning.
- To support where required Order entry of all fuel types are documented and input in line with agreed procedures for Ortec.
- Provide an efficient and accurate transport plan via Ortec, which minimises downtime and maximises driver utilisation.
- To ensure that all delivery documentation is accurate when checking is performed in line with the agreed working procedures and all discrepancies are properly advised and authorised.
- To communicate where necessary any order queries etc to EnergyLink or supplier representatives.
- To assist Office Supervisor/ Manager, Planners and general administration duties or reasonable requests when requested.
- To be able to, proactively manage all calls in line with the EnergyLink requirements of the Customer Services SLA’s and Performance Measures.
What will you bring?
- Previous experience working within a fast paced transport environment
- Good attention to detail with excellent orgination skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work shifts
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; annual leaves + bank hols with the option to buy more, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking and much more
Our people are our most important asset and as such we are continuously expanding our capability programs to provide you with opportunities to build and extend your professional, functional, and management skills. Your development through coaching is our priority. Continuous learning takes place through a broad variety of opportunities and types of engagements. Access to the latest technological innovations in the logistics and supply chain industry, as well as Wincanton’s deep knowledge and expertise in our field, constitute a superb platform for your professional development.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result, you should submit your CV as soon as possible!