Transport Solution Design Manager
Birmingham Birmingham Faraday Avenue B46 1AL 52.5243194 -1.7010951
£35k to £40k + company benefits
Working within the central Sales & Solutions team
- Supporting the business development team in the pursuit of new business and supporting current operations with re-engineering and continuous improvement projects
- Adapting solution design capabilities to match the changing requirements in logistics requirement, IOT, environmental targets & evolving fleet technologies
- Support Business Development teams in identification and development of new solution sets
- Ensure that all solution proposals are “fit for purpose”
- Team supports and delivers new business in line with year on year targets
With specific responsibility for the design, delivery and continuous improvement supply chain solutions across the business
- Transport solution design
- Network impact modelling
- Transport performance analytics
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third-party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do, and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
Stakeholders – BD, Ops & External customers
- To conduct analysis and validation of customer derived data
- To maintain awareness of developments, techniques and applications within Wincanton and the wider marketplace. To ensure that relevant technical skills are kept up to date.
- To prepare and deliver customer proposals and presentations
- Communication & presentation of proposed solutions often to senior managers within customer organisation.
- IT teams to communicate appropriate high level systems requirements for new or revised solutions.
- BD Finance & sector teams for the validation of costs for proposed solutions and the provision of commercial information to ensure that projects satisfy financial hurdles.
- HR teams to communicate the appropriate HR business requirements (project headcount, recruitment needs, TUPE requirements etc.)
- To design, assess high level cost, recommend and implement solutions in the above mentioned elements for:
- new business opportunities to realise new business growth
- renewals of existing business to retain & protect current business
- To ensure solutions comply with the relevant legislation
What will you bring?
Key capabilities and competencies
- A good degree of computer literacy, with knowledge of Paragon, Cast, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Power Bi
- Ability to demonstrate analytical and logical thinking; data manipulation skills are essential to this role
- Good written and spoken English is essential
- Technical aptitude – this role requires the use of a variety of supporting software tools
- Able to assess existing operations (own / customer) and identify areas for improvement
- Ability to think conceptually and translate ideas to “real world”
- Cultural awareness
- Good communication skills; good listener and effective in communicating ideas. Frequently required to present to customer’s senior management teams.
- People management skills, including objective setting, resource allocation and performance review
Expected years of experience (minimum)
- At least 2 years logistics / operational experience with at least 2 years’ experience in a solutions design role
- Able to demonstrate successfully implemented solutions
- Awareness of relevant industry legislation
- Commercial awareness and understanding of key costs and cost drivers within the supply chain
- Although UK based, International business experience with ability to demonstrate good cultural awareness.
- Desired – Paragon / CAST / Maptitude user capability
Expected Educational Qualifications
- Degree educated - desirable
- Other relevant technical qualification
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, private healthcare, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme ,employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result, you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
Note to recruitment agencies: we prefer to recruit direct, but we do have a Preferred Supplier List for when we need a helping hand. We’ll be in touch if we need you.
£35k to £40k + company benefits