Are you a highly energetic self-starter who is looking for your next challenge? Do you come from a background where your focus has been operations, people, and have a pedigree of managing change and transformation, both internal and customer facing?
Wincanton are looking for a senior project manager to work in a fast paced environment on complex, strategic projects and programmes across our diverse business.
The role will have a reporting line into the Project and Risk Director.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third-party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do, and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
The role of the Programme Manager is to provide the following services and support including:
- Line management responsibility for a number of project managers / associate PM’s
- Lead and manage multiple simultaneous projects and programmes from concept through to delivery, using the Wincanton methodology
- Devise and implement robust plans that facilitate behavioural and cultural change in challenging environments
- Balance conflicting demands and priorities to achieve objectives that all stakeholders understand, can buy into and engage with
- Define and measure success metrics and monitor the change process
- Work with Senior Managers and Directors in the production of robust business cases
- Manage stakeholder communications ensuring that relevant business, operations, IT and HR stakeholders are engaged and that all issues and risks are identified and mitigation tactics prepared
- Manage the reporting at Steering Groups which will typically involve functional Directors from both Wincanton’s business and the customers’ business
- Lead the change management element of high profile and strategically important bid responses through defining approach to implementation, establishing the costs of change and timescales to deliver
- Coach and mentor less experienced colleagues within the Change Management team together with those who form part of change/project teams that you will lead
What will you bring?
Education, Qualifications & Training
- Strong academic background, ideally with an appropriate degree/qualification
- Knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools for both large and small scale change efforts
- Highly proficient IT skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio
- Experience of leading complex organisation-wide change projects and programmes with multiple stakeholders and clients, in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal – including developing and delivering presentations to a variety of audiences
- A challenging and supportive style
- Ability to effectively engage and influence others, building and maintaining strong relationships – both internally and externally within all levels of the organization
- Experienced in developing new business capabilities and evolving existing ones to meet new and emerging business needs to become business as usual
- Flexibility and adaptability with the ability to work in and navigate through ambiguous situations
- Ability to motivate, lead and manage cross-functional, multi-cultural teams including specialized subject matter experts
- Intellectual agility, with a high degree of analytical skills, to apply to problem solving and solution generation
Work Based Competencies
- A team approach, and a collaborative working style
- Highly organised with good prioritisation skills to balance key priorities
- Curious and a strong desire to learn and experiment
- Self-starter and strong team player
- Maintains effective relationships with 3rd party suppliers
- Strives to do the "right thing", not just the "easy thing"
- Is courageous and decisive, prioritises effectively, maintains a clear focus and sees action through to delivery
- Is energetic, determined, positive, goal focused and consistent - even under pressure
- Builds trust and demonstrates integrity in all circumstances.
Individuals are expected to live Wincanton’s values in all they do:
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, private healthcare, annual leaves + bank hols with the option to buy more, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result, you should submit your CV as soon as possible!