Birmingham Birmingham Faraday Avenue B46 1AL 52.5243194 -1.7010951
£40k to £45k + company benefits
Are you a highly energetic self-starter who is looking for your next challenge? Do you come from a background where your focus has been operations, systems, processes and have a track record of delivering change and transformation, both internal and customer facing?
We are looking for an Operations Implementation Manager to work in a fast-paced environment on complex, strategic projects and programmes across our diverse business.
This is a remote role with some travel to Chippenham.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third-party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do, and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Lead and support the operational workstream in the implementation of new business wins and operational change projects
- Working with Operations teams and Business Development to support the verification of solution design and define operational processes and procedures
- Support in the management of Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Analysis and interpretation of data to design robust, fit for purpose operating solutions focusing on strategic sectors/services
- Create and manage new operations training and procurement requirements
- Ensure the operational workstream deliverables are managed to time, cost and quality
- Guide operations through the testing and training of new systems
- Utilise relevant Project Management tools and practices across all projects
- Lead project teams to ensure new operations are successfully integrated into Wincanton
- Management of due diligence process for acquisitions and transfer of new operations
- Develop and promote Wincanton’s change management best practice to both internal and external customers
What will you bring?
Education, Qualifications & Training
- Strong academic background, ideally with an appropriate degree/qualification
- Knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools for both large and small scale change efforts
- Highly proficient IT skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio
- Expertise of WMS/TMS technology (Manhattan 2006, 2007, 2016, 2017 desirable)
- Strong systems testing capability
- Ideally from a supply chain or logistics background, with experience in change management
- Proven project implementation experience, ideally in both operations and administration roles
- Demonstrates awareness of the key drivers to project success and is able to identify and tackle potential obstacles in sufficient time to limit or negate their impact
- Ability to support and lead the implementation of new operations.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to perform to tight deadlines
- An effective and confident communicator able to present information in a clear, and persuasive manner both orally and in writing
- Is able to build effective relationships with all stakeholders and gain the respect of customers and project teams
- High degree of numeracy and analytical skills
- Financial awareness - understands dynamics of ‘open/ closed book’ contracts
- Possesses a high level of drive and energy and an overriding commitment to succeed
- Flexible and mobile
Work Based Competencies
- A team approach, and a collaborative working style
- Highly organized with good prioritization skills to balance key priorities
- Self-starter and strong team player
- Maintains effective relationships with 3rd party suppliers
- Strives to do the "right thing", not just the "easy thing"
- Is energetic, determined, positive, goal focused and consistent - even under pressure
- Builds trust and demonstrates integrity in all circumstances.
Individuals are expected to live Wincanton’s values in all they do:
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, private healthcare, annual leaves + bank hols with the option to buy more, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result, you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
£40k to £45k + company benefits