Maintenance Support Technician
Rugby Rugby Aventine Way, Glebe Farm Industrial Estate, CV21 1HA 52.3923274 -1.2678356999
£30,450 per annum
With our continued success with the Britvic Contract, this has opened up an excellent opportunity for Maintenance Support at our site in Rugby.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Assisting the Shift Engineer with all planned and unplanned maintenance
- Carry out Preventative Maintenance schedules, within an agreed timescale to a high standard
- Carry out repairs/maintenance tasks, with a first-time fix approach
- Ensure any spares are booked out to the correct asset
- Identify problematic faults & rectify
- Ability to work in a high-pressurised environment calmly and in a safe manner, without putting others at risk is a prerequisite
- Comply with Company Quality Health & safety objectives and statutory obligations at all times.
- To have an active input for the Engineering Safe System of Working procedures and Risk Assessments
- Ability to use own initiative and apply solutions within a pressurised environment.
- Able to work at 35m in height, having to climb vertical ladders complete with safety harness.
- Support site facilities
- Shift pattern: 4 on, 4 off
- 42 hours a week
What will you bring?
- NVQ level 2 in Maintenance or BTEC Level 3 in electrics
- 2 years’ experience in an automated warehouse / high bay environment
- Knowledge of three phase motors and inverters.
- Ability to read electrical plans
- Must be innovative, flexible, analytical and a keen team player with the ability to build strong working relationships with other teams on site.
- Must be computer literate
- Having a friendly, proactive and outgoing character will play an important role within the Engineering function
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; annual leaves + bank hols with the option to buy more, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more
Our people are our most important asset and as such we are continuously expanding our capability programs to provide you with opportunities to build and extend your professional, functional, and management skills. Your development through coaching is our priority. Continuous learning takes place through a broad variety of opportunities and types of engagements. Access to the latest technological innovations in the logistics and supply chain industry, as well as Wincanton’s deep knowledge and expertise in our field, constitute a superb platform for your professional development.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result, you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
£30,450 per annum