Class 1 Drivers
Brockworth Brockworth Wincanton for LRS, Golf Club Lane, Gloucester Business Park GL3 4AJ 51.844588 -2.260557
UK Gloucester LRS
OTE £33,735.75 per annum
PERMANENT ROLE – Any 5 out of 7 days – up to £33,735.75 per annum
Wincanton are recruiting Class 1 Drivers to join our General Haulage team based out of Gloucester.
This is a permanent position working 5 days out of 7.
- £29,652 per annum – basic annual salary
- £0.94 – additional hourly allowance between 1400 and 1800
- £1.08 – additional hourly allowance between 1800 and 2200
- £2.13 – additional hourly allowance between 2200 and 0600
- £2.26 – meal allowance
- £23.94 per night out
- Working an average of 48 hours per week
Multiple shifts covering mornings, evenings and nights with a range of start times.
- Sunday to Thursday starting between 0200 and 0600
- Sunday to Thursday starting between 0800 and 1200
- Sunday to Thursday starting between 1400 and 2000
- Tuesday to Saturday starting between 0200 and 0600
- Tuesday to Saturday starting between 0800 and 1200
- Tuesday to Saturday starting between 1400 and 2000
Potential earnings – based on shift times on offer
- £30,984 - based on average 48 hours per week starting at 1000
- £32,964 - based on average 48 hours per week starting at 1600
- £33,735.75 - based on average 48 hours per week starting at 1900
You will be delivering and collecting from several sites with an average of 2 to 3 drops per day across the UK in accordance with customer requirements on time critical deliveries and collections.
Due to the nature of the role, nights out may be required on occasions.
If you are flexible and keen to join our General Haulage team - GET IN TOUCH TODAY!
- Essential DCPC training
- Paid holiday entitlement
- Company pension scheme
- Child care vouchers
- RAC discount
- High street, Online Stores and Restaurant Discounts
- £500 for recommending a driver friend and your friend also gets £250
- To advise the depot of any problems, changes to schedule etc.
- To ensure the organisation and accurate completion of all related paperwork.
- To participate in driver de-brief sessions at the end of each shift.
- To ensure compliance with all transport driver legislation and with company and site policies and procedures
- To avoid stock damage in line with company and site procedures
- To undertake the necessary training in order to carry out your role in a safe and efficient manner
- To appropriately report any personal injury, accident or damage to any equipment, Machinery, premises or stock.
- To be flexible in the undertaking of your duties as may be reasonably required for the effective operation of the function.
- To contribute towards the improvement of processes/methods of operating practices
Experience and Qualifications
- Must hold a valid Class 1 license
- Must hold a valid Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (DCPC Card)
- Must hold a Digital Tachograph card
- Must not have more than 6 points on your license
- Minimum 12 months Class 1 driving experience required
- Must be fully flexible on working hours
- Possess excellent customer facing awareness
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,500 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is "to make our customers business’s better, every day."
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
UK Gloucester LRS
OTE £33,735.75 per annum