Finance Manager FTC
Chippenham Chippenham Methuen Park SN14 0WT 51.445851 -2.147076
UK Chippenham Head Office - 12189
Reporting into the Contract Accountant as a finance business partner to the Operations teams, with finance responsibility for the Cement and Ready-Mix contracts within Wincanton’s Construction Business Unit. Working closely with the rest of the finance team and the operational team, the individual will contribute to the leadership, strategy and direction of the contracts, with a focus on maximising profit and controlling the balance sheet.
This is a 9m FTC. Base location is flexible as will be home-based, however, with the view to eventually be spending c.2 days at our Chippenham head office so ideally within commuting distance.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Reporting to the Contract Accountant this role will be responsible for the day to day running of several customer contracts.
- Manage all financial activities in relation to those contracts in a manner that adds value to the client, and to the business, by offering support to maximise financial performance and maximising value on the contracts. Challenging results with narrative and commentary to the business.
- Management Reporting - P&L, Management reporting and commentary and KPI analysis.
- To ensure a strong financial control environment, with strong reporting and balance sheet controls developed and adhered to.
- Use of commercial modelling and data manipulation to drive business performance.
- Ensure financial audits are conducted in line with Wincanton policy and procedure and financial regulations.
- To ensure a high quality and efficient service is provided both internally and externally to achieve area targets.
- To ensure all financial procedures are dealt with timely and efficiently in line with procedures.
- Ensures relevant financial policies are applied, and financial records are accurate.
- Build a rapport, develop trust with finance and operations colleagues.
- Understands and embraces the culture of the business and actively participates in developing an open / honest environment.
- Support the management team, providing regular information relating to performance vs target and areas for potential improvement.
- Ensures budgets and forecasts have been accurately compiled with regard to underlying operating assumptions.
What will you bring?
- Part/fully qualified in an accounting qualification - ACCA/ACMA/CIMA.
- Ability to manipulate and reconcile large quantities of raw data to draw out meaningful and accurate conclusions.
- Sound budgeting, balance sheet, and ledger knowledge.
- Experience of commercial data modelling.
- Understanding the dynamics of open/closed book contracts.
- Strong IT skills including Excel data modelling, and reconciliation of large quantities of data.
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, home working, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more.
**We are open to having conversations about flexible working.
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
UK Chippenham Head Office - 12189