HGV Class 1 Driver Nights
Kettering Kettering Polwell Lane NN15 5PD 52.3705919999 -0.6981506
UK Kettering Weetabix
We are looking to recruit Class 1 Drivers working nights to support our growing team at our award-winning Food Manufacturer operating in Kettering.
This role is £12.84ph with the following premiums
- Start times between 15:00 – 19:00
- £14.00ph - between 18:00 - 04:00
- £14.05ph - from 00:01 Saturday – 00:01 Monday
- £15.14ph - Bank holiday hourly rate
- 6th shift £30 payment plus hourly rate
- Contracted to 45 hours per week
- Monthly pay
Shift Patterns Available:
- Tuesday to Saturday
- Sunday to Thursday
This is a role supporting our busy 24/7 operation, where you will be required to complete deliveries and collections from Distribution Centres.
- Average 1-2 drops per day plus a collection (backload).
- You will be required to accurately and efficiently complete delivery of stock within timescales set.
- You will ensure all required documentation is completed accurately and in line with legislation.
- You will attend any relevant training as required to ensure you remain fully equipped to perform your role effectively and to assist in the development of continuous improvement.
- You will be responsible for the Health and Safety of themselves and other operatives by adhering to safe working practices and the Health & Safety at Work Act.
- You will report any accident or damage to any equipment or machinery.
- You will be multi dropping deliveries to stores.
- You will be using tail lifts and handling roll cages
- Permanent 45 hour a week contract
- Essential DCPC training
- Paid holiday entitlement
- Uniform provided
- Company pension scheme
- Child care vouchers
- RAC discount
- High street, Online Stores and Restaurant Discounts
£500 for recommending a driver friend and your friend also gets £250
Experience and Qualifications
- Must hold a valid Class 1 Licence
- Must hold a valid DCPC Card
- Must hold a valid tacho Card
- No more than 6 points on your licence
- Minimum 1-year Class 1 driving experience is essential
- Possess excellent communication skills, understand, and follow both verbal and written information.
- Able to work within set timescales to meet customers service requirements
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is "to make our customers business’s better, every day."
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
UK Kettering Weetabix