Class 1 Driver Colleague - FTC 6 months
Wellingborough Wellingborough NN8 52.3061085999 -0.6927036
6 Month Fixed Term Contract - Any 5 out of 7 days per week
Basic Salary £29,161 FTE per annum (40 hours a week before any shift premiums)
We are looking for Class 1 Drivers to join our busy depot in Wellingborough.
This role is paying £14.02ph with the following premiums;
- £16.06 ph - hours worked between18:00-06:00
- £17.53 ph - hours worked between Friday 22:00 to 06:00 Saturday & 18:00 to 22:00 Sunday
- £15.49 ph - hours worked between 06:00-18:00 Saturday & Sunday
- £21.03 ph - for overtime hours
- Contracted to 40 hours per week
- Weekend & Bank holiday working required as part of a balanced rota
Shift start times available between 03:00 and 15:00. Our depot operates 24 hours per day/7 days a week including weekends and bank holidays, so it is essential that you are flexible.
You will be delivering products to national supermarkets and convenience stores. Products will also be in cages so cage manouvering is required, it is therefore essential that applicants can carry out these duties.
What we expect from our drivers:
- Ownership for the safe and timely delivery of our customers products
- Securing caged loads and carrying out its transfer from depot to store
- Operation of point of delivery technology, the completion of driver checks and documentation
- Carrying out multi-drops within depot region
- Adhering to Driving legislation and professional competence standards
- Undertaking professional development
- Investing in our award-winning health & safety standards
- Commitment to delivering excellent customer service
Experience & Qualifications
- Must hold a valid Class 1 licence
- Must hold a valid DCPC Card
- Must hold a Digi Card
- Must not have more than 6 points on your licences
- Minimum 12 months Class 1 experience is essential
- A flexible approach to working patterns and start times
- Motivated & committed with high personal and professional standards
- Possess excellent communication skills, understand and follow both verbal and written information
- Able to work within set timescales to meet customers service requirements
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics Company, we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods, and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is "to make our customers business' better everyday."
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That's why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.