Health and Safety Officer
TN24 0GB 51.6141027 -0.7765373999
Sevington - Kent
To manage and facilitate all site health and safety activities in a manner that ensures all statutory and company requirements are achieved and maintained in
support of the business objectives. This is a hands-on role. This role reports to the HSEQ Manager.
This position will include shift and weekend working as the depot operates 24 / 7 therefore it is essential that you are flexible in your approach to work.
Shift times include
Early / Lates: 0600 - 1430 / 1400 - 2230
Nights: 2200 - 0630
1. Working with the local management team and the HSEQ Manager to develop, implement and manage the local risk based HSEQ Plans
2. Promote HSEQ and drive tangible improvements in safety performance and culture. Work with local management teams on all aspects of HSEQ, including coaching for managers to develop skills within the site teams.
3. Provide professional support to local line management at all levels. Working with the HSEQ Change Manager ensuring that Best Practice in health & safety is adopted and regularly reviewed. This will include day to day management; accident reduction strategies; and management training requirements.
4. Carry out statistical analysis and trending to identify issues of concern; assist in the creation, modification and delivery of relevant action plans and provide support for all HSEQ
5. Assist in or lead (as required) the investigation and management of incidents (including major incidents), providing advice on root causation, best preventative measures and sharing lessons learned.
6. Working with the HSEQ Manager develop systems that will ensure that the location safety management system is fit for purpose.
7. Using corporate HSEQ IT systems e.g. Safeguard, Webrisk etc., to support the delivery of the above accountabilities
8. To keep abreast of corporate, regulatory and legislative changes and advise management of the implications for the business. To undertake a recognised CPD programme.
9. Involvement with internal working parties as appropriate to ensure Wincanton is seen to be actively leading safety initiatives
10. To deliver location based safety training as required.
11. Produce management reports as required by the local line manager and HSEQ Manager.
Experience, skills and attributes
- Tech IOSH (or working towards)
- Experience of managing HSEQ at a local level
- Will have the leadership and influencing skills to drive a culture of continuous improvement
- Will have effective presentation and training skills
- Will require competent administration and IT skills
- Experienced auditor within this remit
- Experience of environmental and quality management would be preferable
- Motivated self-starter, comfortable working as part of a team and as an individual
- Good communicator with good influencing skills who is able to operate at all levels
- Will possess the interpersonal skills, integrity and commercial awareness to maintain excellent working relationships at all levels
- Will be able to prioritise actions required against time
- Will live local to the location.
Sevington - Kent