Burton on Trent Burton on Trent Burton Road, Branston DE14 3EG 52.787707 -1.658664
UK Branston - 12312
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
The successful candidate will provide a professional service covering all aspects of personnel, employee relations and industrial relations supporting a culture of continuous improvement to ensure that all contract objectives are achieved and maintained through the performance of people.
How will you contribute?
- Provide employment law and best practice advice to the management team on a daily basis, esclating where required
- Manage an employee relations caseload efficiently and effectively, maintaining consistency across sites
- Responsible for People Assistant
- Ensure all policies and procedures are followed in line with local agreement
- Have an excellent understanding of employment legislation and ensures practices are carried out in line with changes in legislation
- Assists site managers on the interpretation of company policies and procedures
- Provide a professional service to all employees, customer, the public and external organisations
- Ensure accurate operation of Oracle HR, People Portal and other applicable systems
- Monitoring of sickness reporting, taking action where required
- Collate management reports for People Manager including analysis of labour turnover, absence rates etc
- Contribute towards the improvement of processes and methods of operating practices
- Assist in the coaching, mentoring and development of the management team
- Support in delivering the HR plan for the year
- Active involvement in all colleague engagement initiatives
What will you bring?
- Previous experience of providing employment law and best practice advice on complex ER cases
- Ability to work flexibly, provding cover across shift patterns
- Excellent knowledge of employment law
- Previous experience of absence management
- Excellent IT skills
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload, working under pressure to tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Confidential and professional approach
- Ideally in possesssion of, or working towards, CIPD Level 5 or above. Potential to consider supporting professional development through apprenticeship.
- Previous experience in a distribution environment is an advantage
- Previous experience working with unions an advantage
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, home working, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more.
**We are open to having conversations about flexible working
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
UK Branston - 12312