LGV Class 1 Driver - Nights
Banbury Banbury Noral Way OX16 2AA 52.079639 -1.3291594
Up to £32,467.65 per annum + premiums
PERMANENT ROLE – Monday to Friday – NIGHTS - Up to £32,467.65 per annum
Wincanton are recruiting for Class 1 LGV Drivers (nights) to join our General Haulage team at DCS Banbury.
- £12.84 per hour
- Shift Pattern – Monday to Friday (with flexibility to cover Saturdays if required)
- Start Times – 16:00 – 18:00
- £14.00 per hour between 18:00 & 04:00
- £14.05 per hour from 00:01 Saturday – 23:59 Sunday
- £15.14 per hour for Bank holidays
- 6th shift payment £30 plus hourly rate
- Overtime available
- Monthly pay
- Permanent 45 hour a week contract
- Essential DCPC training
- 20 days + bank holidays paid holiday entitlement
- Discounted staff shop
- Access to company pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- RAC discount
- High street, Online Stores and Restaurant Discounts
This is a permanent role contracted to 45 hours per week, but average 50 hours worked per week.
£32,467.65 pa - based on 45 hours per week, working Monday to Friday starting at 18:00
£31,929.44 pa - Based on 45 hours per week, working Monday to Friday starting at 16:00
£30,045.60pa (basic) – based on 45 hours per week (not inclusive of premiums).
Working within general haulage, you will be delivering to RDC’s, NDC’s and various customer sites, supporting in the distribution of different products.
What we expect from our drivers:
- To advise the depot of any problems, changes to schedule etc.
- To ensure the organisation and accurate completion of all related paperwork.
- To participate in driver de-brief sessions at the end of each shift.
- To ensure compliance with all transport driver legislation and with company and site policies and procedures.
- To avoid stock damage in line with company and site procedures.
- To undertake the necessary training in order to carry out your role in a safe and efficient manner.
- To ensure that all training (especially related to Health and Safety) is adhered to at all times.
- To appropriately report any personal injury, accident or damage to any equipment, Machinery, premises or stock.
- To be flexible in the undertaking of your duties as may be reasonably required for the effective operation of the function.
- To contribute towards the improvement of processes/methods of operating practices.
- Ensure you are the driving force behind delivering exceptional customer service.
Experience and Qualifications
- Must hold a valid HGV LGV Class 1 license
- Must hold a valid Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (DCPC Card)
- Must hold a Digital Tachograph card
- Must not have more than 6 points on your license
- Minimum 12 months C+E driving experience required
- Must be fully flexible on working hours
- Possess excellent customer facing awareness.
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. 20 days annual leave potentially increasing by 1 per year (up to a max of 5 additional days). These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,500 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is "to make our customers business’s better, every day."
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Up to £32,467.65 per annum + premiums