Bridgwater Bridgwater 25 Angel Crescent TA6 3TQ 51.1288324999 -3.0062513999
Wincanton Bridgwater EDF
We have an exciting opportunity for an Operations Manager at our existing Wincanton Asset Warehouse in Bridgwater, Somerset. This is a key role that is central to the successful delivery of a prestigious contract where Wincanton provide warehousing and distribution for deliveries in to the Hinkley Point C build programme.
The Operations Manager will undertake the day-to-day management of this Distribution Centre ensuring effective management of all operational costs and services alongside the effective implementation of a safety-first culture and the operational Business Plan.
The role currently reports directly to the Contract General Manager (CGM).
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Ensuring the site operates in accordance with Health and Safety policy and procedures and that a proactive Safety culture is embraced at all levels
- Ensuring a positive customer and colleagues experience is realised through a high performing and engaged Wincanton workforce
- Scheduled reporting of operational status for presentation to CGM and customer
- Labour planning against volume forecasts to ensure appropriate staffing levels are in place across warehousing and transport operations
- Ensuring that the site is effective, and efficient, and that as a minimum the ongoing operations consistently meet the customer’s requirements in terms of KPIs and budgeted financial goals
- Effectively manage and motivate direct reports in order to ensure that the service provided meets the high levels of compliance required by the customer
- Working with the Systems and Materials Management functions to ensure equipment is stored according to stringent rules regarding cleanliness, temperature and humidity
- Working with the Health and Safety Manager and the HR Manager to ensure matrix based training compliance across all colleagues in the operation
- Implementing, and maintaining, best practice values across all aspects of the business with a view to continually improving working practice and efficiency
- Conducting and overseeing disciplinary, grievance and appeal meetings in line with current policies as required
- Working closely with the customer Inventory Lead and the Wincanton Stock and Systems team to maintain 100% stock accuracy
- Maintaining a working environment that adheres to stringent security protocols
- Authorising all payroll amendments on a monthly basis as required
What will you bring?
- Must have a proven track record of demonstrating operational leadership within a safety and security focused environment
- Must have excellent leadership, influencing and communication skills in order to maximise the effectiveness of the team ensuring that they are engaged and motivated to safely achieve Project goals
- Must demonstrate proven track record of managing warehouse operations, requiring both accuracy and process led adherence to detail
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Must be able to proactively engage with the senior contract team to support the success of the contract delivery
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to provide the budgetary and financial controls and be able to operate effectively in an “Open Book” environment involving regular detailed and comprehensive customer reviews.
- Must have the energy, determination and commitment to operate in an environment where regular customer contact and scrutiny is the norm and effective customer communication and relationships are essential
- Must have a flexible approach so as to work in line with contract requirements
- Will have a good understanding of consolidation logistics and a proven track record of positive accountability for stock management
- Will have a good understanding of Transport operations to support the onsite, and offsite, transport function
- Will have effective / structured process management skills to ensure effective delegation and accountability
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, private healthcare, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, home working, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more.
**We are open to having conversations about flexible working.
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Wincanton Bridgwater EDF