Kettering Kettering NN15 5JR 52.3645272 -0.6956476999
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
The role of a Warehouse Operative is to carry out Warehouse tasks as directed. This will include picking / Counter Balance / Reach Truck and any other Warehouse duties deemed appropriate.
- Reporting to Warehouse Supervisors
- Ensure that the operation meets the customer service requirements by completing each function at the highest standard
- Carry out a variety of warehouse activities such as unloading, FLT, pallet truck operation, despatch and loading duties.
- Case Picking orders
- Manual Lifting
- Carry out duties accurately, above the required minimum productivity rate
- Carry out general housekeeping, maintenance and hygiene duties, to ensure that the profile of the site is maintained to the very highest standard
- Responsible for the Health and Safety of themselves and other operatives by adhering to safe working practices
- Attend training courses when required
- Undertake such additional activities as may be required
- Shift Patterns, 12 hour shifts rotating day and night.
Experience and Qualifications
• Previous warehouse experience desirable
• Ability to follow Safe Systems of Work procedures, and follow site Health & Safety regulations
• Ability to read, understand and follow direction/Instructions
• Ability to count accurately and to perform simple maths calculations
• Have appropriate hand, eye and foot co-ordination to effectively use mechanical handling equipment
• Ability to move product which may require bending, stretching, stooping, stepping, reaching and/or lifting, in line
with Health & Safety regulations
Flexible approach to working, shift patterns rotating day and night shift 12 hours
LLOP / Counter Balance / Reach Truck license desirable