Corby Corby Long Croft Road, Corby NN18 8EY 52.480506 -0.689489
UK Corby Multi User - 12269
£20,000 to £21,000
We are offering Monday to Friday with no weekend or Bank Holiday working. Full Training will be given and we offer a competative salary package of £20k plus dependant on shifts.
Wincanton is a leading third-party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company, we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400-strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do, and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
The good news is that our continued success and business growth has opened up an exciting opportunity for a Warehouse Team Member to join our successful team at Corby.
Working within our Warehouse team and reporting to the Warehouse Team Leader, you will be involved with all aspects of warehouse activities.
- To ensure that the operation meets the customer service requirements and site KPIs by completing each function at the highest standard
- To carry out a variety of warehouse activities such as, loading & unloading of vehicles, FLT and pallet truck operation using RF systems.
- Working at heights to retrieve and store pallets
- To carry out duties accurately, above the required minimum productivity rates
- To carry out general housekeeping and maintenance duties, to ensure that the profile of the site is maintained to the very highest standard
- To be responsible for the Health and Safety of themselves and other operatives by adhering to safe working practices
- To attend training courses when required
- To be involved in projects & assist in training
- To ensure all handling of finished products comply with Legislative, Company & Customer requirements with respect to Food Safety, Quality & legality. This will be in accordance with the regulations of the company, customer & BRC standards thus ensuring that all products, packaging and processes meet these requirements.
- Responsible for highlighting any potential quality issues that could impact on food safety, including hygiene and damage issues to your Shift Manager to ensure any complaints or product issues are maintained at the lowest level possible. Ensuring completion of all necessary process control and quality documented records.
- Effective communication skills at all levels of internal & external customers
- Highly flexible, committed and willing to carry out varied tasks positively and reliably.
- Possess accuracy skills and ability to carry out tasks with attention to detail ensuring work is error free first time.
- Ability to work as part of a team, whilst providing flexibility and reliability.
- Motivated to be able to work under pressure and the ability to meet critical timeliness targets.
- Sound knowledge of operating procedures across all areas of work
- Be prepared to multi task and offer excellent and reliable support
- Be prepared to be flexible in order to meet operational demands
- Ability to communicate at all levels in both written and verbal forms
- Ideally, experience in all aspects of warehouse work & the Manhattan warehouse system would be advantage
- Punctuality, reliability and commitment
- Flexibility to work additional shifts in busy periods.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you. If you feel you meet the criteria and would like to be considered for the role, please apply by uploading you CV on to the Wincanton Vacancy: www.wincanton.co.uk/careers/current-opportunities
Closing Date for application 30 June 2021
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
UK Corby Multi User - 12269
£20,000 to £21,000