Warehouse Operative (Nights)
Southampton Southampton B&Q Depot, 23 Oriana way SO16 0YU 50.9391827 -1.4764026
UK Southampton B&Q
Wincanton is a leading third-party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics Company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defense, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400-strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
The good news is that our continued success and business growth has opened opportunities for Cross-Dockers who are looking to be part of a successful team.
We currently have an exciting opportunity to recruit a Cross-Docker, based at our B&Q Out-base in Southampton. You will be working a 48-hour working week.
- To undertake a variety of warehouse activities including picking, loading and unloading of vehicles, FLT and pallet truck operation. The role will involve manual handling and some heavy lifting.
- Completion of paperwork to be completed daily i.e. returns manifests, daily drivers. Footprint. Recording loads leaving site.
- To ensure the operation meets the customer service requirements and site KPIs by completing each function to the highest standard.
- To carry out general housekeeping and maintenance duties, to ensure that the profile of the site is maintained to the highest standard
- To be responsible for the Health and Safety of themselves and other operatives by adhering to safe working practices
- You must have the commitment, enthusiasm and flexibility to work various shift patterns which are able to respond to seasonal customer demand.
- Warehouse experience would be an advantage, but not essential as training will be provided
- Excellent punctuality, performance, reliability and commitment
- Have a flexible approach with regard to working hours and respond positively to changing demands
- Previous experience operating FLT/holding existing licences is required.
- Ability to use word and excel effectively
- Good health and safety awareness.
- Due to the nature of the work, heavy lifting is required. This includes repetitively handling bulky,– i.e washing machines, kitchen units, kitchen worktops. It is therefore essential that the successful applicant is capable to carry out this nature of work.
Salary & Benefits
A friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills, a competitive salary and great benefits are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work.
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary.
- B&Q 20% discount card (once completing satisfactory probationary)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Training and development opportunities including Customer Service training, management training programmes, management opportunities
- Recognition schemes
- Child care vouchers
- RAC discount
- Leisure Vouchers
- Supermarket Savings
- Access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join
These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
UK Southampton B&Q