Senior IT Sales and Development Lead
Chippenham Chippenham Methuen Park SN14 0WT 51.445851 -2.147076
UK Chippenham Head Office - 12189
This exciting new role will drive engagement and development of Wincanton’s technical IT supply chain solutions necessary to support Wincanton business growth. Working with business unit colleagues, technology partners and under the guidance of the Director of IT Sales & Development, this role will formulate & promote the functions technology offering. Central to this is Identifying growth opportunity which unlocks value, especially when delivered through a modern agile & product-based framework. As part of the IT Sales & Development team you will be involved in the following activities:
- Enabling our customers to effectively exploit technology to achieve business goals.
- Understanding the internal product services, external marketplace, and capabilities of current and future technology, highlighting where this could be relevant for Wincanton.
- Build external networks through suppliers, other businesses, and technology companies to be a trusted route to the best advice for our customers
- Working collaboratively with business unit colleagues to understand the underlying customer wants to ensure we solve the right problem with the right solution
- Alongside business and technology colleagues, facilitate the creation of sales collateral and pipeline definition for Supply Chain products ensuring Wincanton delivers the right solutions at the right long-term cost.
- Working with internal product team partners in identifying new technology exploitation opportunities, bringing these to the business areas to achieve buy in or to feedback why it won’t work
How will you contribute?
- Drive to define high-level capability requirements and business needs by engagement with senior colleagues and their teams
- Foster strong working relationships with senior business colleagues and internal IT product teams, evangelising an agile and product approach
- Work with internal technology partner teams to ensure that the high-level capabilities identified are correctly understood to the required level
- Work with internal technology teams, including Architecture, Governance, Deployment, Finance, and Commercial, to support improved key account planning processes
- Lead business case production and solution costs including business, technical and financial feasibility assessment as required
- Drive revenue opportunity for Wincanton, owning and delivering specific solution deliverables for internal and external opportunities.
- Deputise for the Director of IT Sales & Development as required, becoming the accountable technology head as required.
What will you bring?
(Essential Skills Required)
- Extensive and demonstrable detailed experience in supply chain technologies, SaaS based technologies, management of 3rd party software development partners and a well-thought through understanding of technology’s role in creating business value for our customers and revenue for Wincanton.
- Formally qualified in Business Analysis / Solution Architecture with demonstrable experience of using modelling tools and identifying and software design patterns.
- Experience as a customer facing Senior Business Analyst/Product Architect/Technical Lead with detailed exposure to a product-based model with hands-on experience working within an agile environment
- Experience working within a product centric technology model, with a clear understanding and acceptance of its benefits and limitations
- Demonstrated commercial acumen that can be easily applied to Wincanton customer propositions
- Strong experience in engaging and leading senior business colleagues, determining requirements/capabilities and priorities as well as resolving issues
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal accompanied by the ability to apply these and tailor communication style to the situation or environment; for example, one to ones, workshop facilitation, key deliverables, presentations
- Excellent financial and budgeting skills
- Keen interest in lean, digital, and a desire to improve working practices through modern productivity techniques
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, private healthcare, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme ,employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking + much more
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
UK Chippenham Head Office - 12189