Derby Derby DE1 1AD 52.9213305 -1.4740889
This is not a typical transport office role. We offer a 4PL solution to the majority of our clients rather than running our own fleet. The Transport Supervisor will have a critical role managing a team ensuring that we deliver day to day service excellence to our clients.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Reporting to the 4PL Manager
- Responsible for the day-to-day transport operation and managing the 4PL Control Tower Team
- Ensure financial performance meets business expectations
- Ensure all schedules are adhered to and executed as per the Customer requirements
- Attend Customer sites for review meetings
- Maintain ISO9001 Quality accreditation for the Transport department within the Defence Sector including supporting with LR audits
- Deal with complaints and resolve as quickly as possible to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Prepare monthly KPI data for Customer period packs
- Business analysis and pricing for business development opportunities
- Customer based project work
- Extensive knowledge in international freight moves, via air, sea and road.
- Strong understanding international documentation, compliance and legal requirements
- Customs knowledge
- Strong computing skills across a broad range of software applications, including Office 365
What will you bring?
- Experience of managing a team
- Experience working in a challenging customer service environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working within a transport operation, with an ability to work on own initiative
- Customer driven with an attention to detail are essential for this position
- The individual must have excellent time management skills with a positive team working attitude
- The individual must have an enthusiastic, committed, flexible and can-do approach
- Demonstrates Wincanton core values – Excellence, Integrity, Passion, Proactivity, Togetherness and Trust
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; annual leaves + bank hols with the option to buy more, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more
Our people are our most important asset and as such we are continuously expanding our capability programs to provide you with opportunities to build and extend your professional, functional, and management skills. Your development through coaching is our priority. Continuous learning takes place through a broad variety of opportunities and types of engagements. Access to the latest technological innovations in the logistics and supply chain industry, as well as Wincanton’s deep knowledge and expertise in our field, constitute a superb platform for your professional development.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result, you should submit your CV as soon as possible!