Class 1 Drivers
Middlewich Middlewich Wincanton General Haulage, Erf Way, Mid Point 18 CW10 0QJ 53.1866990203 -2.4266910552
UK Middlewich GH
OTE £33,323.03 per annum
PERMANENT ROLE – Any 5 out of 7 days – up to £33,323.03 per annum
Class 1 Drivers needed as part of our general haulage supply chain based out of Middlewich.
This is a permanent position working 5 days out of 7
- £29,504.63 – basic annual salary
- £0.94 – additional hourly allowance between 1400 and 1800
- £1.08 – additional hourly allowance between 1800 and 2200
- £2.13 – additional hourly allowance between 2200 and 0600
- 6th shift hourly rate of time and a half Monday to Saturday and double time on Sunday
- £23.94 per night out
- Working an average of 48 hours per week
Depot are very flexible with working patterns and have multiple shifts covering mornings, evenings and nights with a range of start times.
- Monday to Friday starting between 0300 and 0700
- Monday to Friday starting between 1500 and 1900
Potential earnings – based on shifts on offer
£30,241.43 pa – Based on Monday to Friday, average 48 hours per week starting at 0500
£33,323.03 pa – Based on Monday to Friday, average 48 hours per week starting at 1700
PLEASE NOTE – You may be asked to start at ANY TIME during your time band
You will be delivering and collecting from several sites with an average of 2 to 3 drops per day across the UK in accordance with customer requirements on time critical deliveries and collections.
Due to the nature of the role, an average of 2 nights out per week may be required.
If you are flexible and keen to join our General Haulage team - GET IN TOUCH TODAY!
- To advise the depot of any problems, changes to schedule etc.
- To ensure the organisation and accurate completion of all related paperwork
- To participate in driver de-brief sessions at the end of each shift
- To ensure compliance with all transport driver legislation and with company and site policies and procedures
- To avoid stock damage in line with company and site procedures
- To undertake the necessary training to carry out your role in a safe and efficient manner.
- To appropriately report any personal injury, accident or damage to any equipment, Machinery, premises or stock
- To be flexible in the undertaking of your duties as may be reasonably required for the effective operation of the function
- To contribute towards the improvement of processes/methods of operating practices
Experience & Qualifications
- You MUST hold a valid in date Class 1 licence
- You MUST hold a valid in date CPC licence
- You MUST hold a digital tachograph card
- You MUST have 6 or less points on your licence
- You MUST have 12 months Class 1 driving experience
- You will need to be enthusiastic, reliable, helpful and organised
- Flexibility in relation to availability and shift patterns
- You will have a proactive and committed approach towards all aspects of the job and ensure high standards in health and safety, customer service and legal compliance are met and exceeded
- Able to navigate your way around the UK and plan your day accordingly
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is "to make our customers business’s better, every day."
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
UK Middlewich GH
OTE £33,323.03 per annum