Assistant General Manager
The Assistant Transport General Manager will manage a multi-site operation with 2 main sites. Commercial acumen and ability to manage and develop excellent relationships with customer will be key to succeed in this role and ensure high level of service.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Deliver contract Key Account Plans to achieve customer retention/satisfaction, contract expansion, deliver profit (YOY) and margin growth.
- Fully accountable for the day to day running of all the transport function
- Oversee the Management of planning, organising and supervising the activities and resources of the contract.
- Build robust working relationships with all key stakeholders to ensure first class operational performance which results in long term partnerships.
- Responsible for the delivery of all contractual KPI’s and budget requirements across the contract.
- Deliver a culture of efficiency and continuous improvement by utilising the most appropriate methodology on a consistent basis
- Ensure that a best in class HSE performance is achieved within the Account and that a culture of safety in everything we do is embedded.
- Ensure that a high performance culture is developed and maintained across Account through the site Leadership teams to deliver operational excellence and continuously meet performance and productivity targets on a day to day basis.
- Build a useful network of external contacts to support business growth and ensure exposure to best practice.
What will you bring?
- Previous experience in leading all aspects of a multi-site, customer led, delivery operation and proven track record in delivering innovative performance improvements and operational excellence. Knowledge of the complete lifecycle of a contract i.e. start-ups and closures is ideal.
- Strong experience of logistics / supply chain with varying levels of complexity.
- Knowledge of support services / contracts business model (including 3PL) highly desirable.
- Demonstrable exemplary customer relationship management skills with the flexibility in style, approach to manage a number of clients with varying requirements at the same time.
- Excellent commercial acumen - understands dynamics of ‘open/ closed book’ contracts & develops a profit centre approach & culture amongst the Account team that is focused on bottom line performance.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with an ability to influence at all levels. Able to manage conflict and tough conversations including complex IR issues.
- Succeeds in building effective stakeholder relationships with the ability to influence management team’s thinking to deliver high performance through a culture of accountability and ownership.
- Agile approach to strategy and planning with a proven experience of adapting operational plans to changing customer requirements whilst also achieving a commercial benefit.
- Experience of change management processes including successful delivery of change. Understands how people react to change and how to lead and manage through this.
- The successful candidate must be able to travel within the UK as necessary to ensure the effective running of the contract.
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, private healthcare, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme ,employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking + much more
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result you should submit your CV as soon as possible!