Transport Shift Manager
Cross Hands Cross Hands SA14 6RA 51.7880040999 -4.0726664999
£30k + company benefits
The successful candidate will manage the day to day operation of the site using the onsite team to ensure that all deliveries are made in a timely and accurate fashion ensuring that both fleet and drivers are legally compliant and there is a cultural awareness of H&S on site.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third-party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do, and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Look after the day to day running of the traffic desk, liaising with drivers throughout the day, changing work around where needed to help the operation run smoothly
- Organise vehicles and load planning
- Organise fleet for maintenance, repairs, servicing and MOT requirements
- Talking to customers regarding delays, problems or take on additional jobs
- Book all loads in to various dairies, controlling time of first collection of Milk to ensure the milk arrives at dairy within 24 hours of first collection
- Legal compliance - in addition to servicing, also issue driver reports and infringements
- Working close with ex-farm to control volumes and issues
- Liaise with Planning to ensure they know of job changes that will affect the next day’s work and any problems that happen day to day
- Manage the yard at Cross Hands, ensure it is tidy and in order
What will you bring?
- The successful candidate must be innovative and self-motivated, capable of working in a high-pressure environment, as well as being able to make on the spot decisions
- Candidates must be well organised, have good interpersonal skills and an ability to effect change
- Applicants must have experience of transport supervision / traffic planning within a pressured environment, with good administrative skills
- PC literate with the ability to use current software (Excel/Word/Outlook etc.)
- Knowledge of transport and tachograph legislation is required
- Possession of a national or international CPC is desirable but not essential
- Possession of a LGV C+E driving license is desirable but not essential
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, 20 days hols with the option to buy more, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking + much more
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result, you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
£30k + company benefits