Birmingham Birmingham Faraday Avenue B46 1AL 52.5243194 -1.7010951
Upto £26k + company benefits
An exciting opportunity has arisen to recruit an experienced People Advisor on our Energy Contracts.
The successful candidate will provide a professional service assisting the People Manager in covering all aspects of HR and any responsibilities connected with employee and resource management. The role will include supporting a culture of continuous improvement to ensure that all contract objectives are achieved and maintained through the performance of people.
This is a home-based role with National travel to the sites whenever required.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third-party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do, and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Reporting to the People Manager, you will take responsibility for providing advice and generalist HR support across 3 unionised fuel contracts within the Bulk Transport division
- Support the operational team to manage employee relations cases efficiently and effectively to ensure fairness and the most appropriate outcome
- Support and improve absence management at site level including the active management of welfare meetings and OH referrals
- Produce accurate weekly and monthly reports as required.
- Provide support to the People Manager in progressing HR related projects and initiatives.
- Assist the People Manager in managing change programmes throughout the business, where required.
- Support ad hoc recruitment activity ensuring compliance to internal policies and the selection of the most suitable candidates
- The contracts are national and therefore travel will be required to support all our sites.
What will you bring?
- Qualified to CIPD Level 3 minimum
- Experience of working in logistics
- Good technical HR knowledge and understanding of current employment law/progressive HR practices
- Experience of working within a unionised environment.
- Previous experience of Oracle would be an advantage
- Excellent PC skills
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload, working under pressure to tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Confidential and professional approach
- Passionate about developing and supporting colleagues to fulfil their potential
- Pragmatic, resilient and a self-starter
- Flexibility (national travel will be required)
- Strong communication skills and a natural ability to build relationships quickly
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills and experience of working with recruitment and HRIS systems (Oracle HR ideally)
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme,25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme ,employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result, you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
Note to recruitment agencies: we prefer to recruit direct, but we do have a Preferred Supplier List for when we need a helping hand. We’ll be in touch if we need you.
Upto £26k + company benefits