Leeds Leeds Bishopdyke Road, Sherburn In Elmet LS25 6JH 53.794551 -1.215744
UK Sherburn Sainsburys - 11473
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
The good news is that our continued success and business growth has opened up exciting opportunities for experienced Warehouse Colleagues to join our successful team on the Sainsbury’s contract at Sherburn in Elmet.
Working a rotating shift pattern of 06.00-14.00 & 14.00-22.00hrs Sunday to Thursday.
- Reporting to the Warehouse Team Manager.
- To carry out any duty assigned to enable the smooth and efficient movement of stock from goods in to goods out
- To ensure timely preparation of store orders to the highest standard of quality, hygiene and accuracy
- To ensure duties are carried out effectively, accurately and safely providing a high standard of service to the customer
- Be responsible for achieving operational targets, goals and contractual KPI’s for the purpose of ensuring the provision of an effective and efficient quality service to stores.
- Assist in all areas of the warehouse and work in a flexible team based approach
- Ensure products sent to stores are presented correctly and safely
- Carry out duties avoiding stock damage
- Undertake such duties as may be reasonably required for the effective operation of the function and department
- Experience of working within a warehouse environment.
- Ability to work on your own initiative, working to strict deadlines
- Paying attention to detail to ensure documentation / deliveries are correct and error free
- To be responsible for the health and safety of themselves and other colleagues by adhering to safe working practices
- Must be adaptable to assist in all areas of the warehouse with a flexible team based approach
- Must be punctual, reliable and committed to achieve daily and weekly KPI’s
- The above positions include shift and weekend work, as the depot operates 24 /7 therefore, it is essential that you are flexible in your approach to work.
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your cv to www.wincanton.co.uk/careers or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form.
UK Sherburn Sainsburys - 11473