Health & Safety Manager (Petroleum Specialist)
Birmingham Birmingham Faraday Avenue B46 1AL 52.5243194 -1.7010951
£40k to £45k + company benefits
Supporting the development of a strategy to shape the HSEQ function within Division. Working closely with the respective Group Transport Manager and Operational management team to deliver H&S and CSR strategy and drive a culture of continuous improvement. This is a hands-on role and requires a candidate who enjoys interacting at site and can demonstrate the ability to engage and influence at all levels.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third-party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Work with the local management teams to drive and improve Health & Safety, Environment and Quality standards across the sites within area of responsibility, as necessary ensuring ongoing compliance to current, legal, ISO and Industry Best Practice standards.
- Work with local management teams to produce and deliver strategic plans for HSEQ performance considering corporate and customer requirements which will translate into Annual HSEQ plans.
- Actively promote the HSEQ strategy to drive a tangible improvement in safety performance and culture.
- Provide a professional service to line management at all levels, ensuring that Best Practice in HSEQ is adopted and regularly reviewed. This will include day to day management; accident reduction strategies; and management HSEQ training requirements.
- Carry out monthly statistical analysis and trending to identify issues of concern; assist in the creation, modification and delivery of relevant action plans and provide support for all HSEQ & CSR Safety processes.
- Assist in and lead (as required) the investigation and management of incidents (including major incidents), providing advice on root causation, implementing the best preventative measures and sharing lessons learned.
- Develop systems that will ensure that the Business Unit safety management system remain fit for purpose.
- Mentoring and developing H&S Managers North & South holding 1-2-1s and appraisals.
- Using corporate HSEQ IT systems e.g. Airsweb AVA, Webrisk etc., to support the delivery of the above accountabilities
- Keep abreast of corporate, regulatory and legislative changes and advise management of the implications for the business. To undertake a recognised CPD programme.
- To deliver safety training as required.
- Produce management reports as required by the Group Transport Manager and local line management
What will you bring?
- CMIOSH (or working towards)
- Demonstrable detailed knowledge, understanding and application of the Oil & Gas industry requirements
- NEBOSH Diploma qualified or equivalent (candidates who are studying to this level will be considered). Suitably experienced candidates who do not currently meet this requirement must attain this within 24 months of appointment.
- Relevant experience of managing HSEQ, preferably, within a similar or appropriate High Hazard logistics environment
- Will have the leadership and influencing skills to drive a culture of continuous improvement using a collaborative and hands – on approach
- Ability to translate legislation into everyday language
- Will have effective presentation and training skills
- Competent administration and IT skills
- Experience of environmental and quality management would be preferable
- Specialist knowledge and skills in a specific field i.e. quality, environment, warehouse safety, vehicle safety, food safety, fire safety, noise or ergonomics.
- Possess a good working knowledge of the petroleum industry, including Aviation and Gasses / LPG
- Understand the rules and regulations of delivering fuel and gas at retail and commercial sites
- Motivated self-starter, comfortable working as part of a team and as an individual
- Good communicator with excellent influencing skills who can operate at all levels
- Has the passion, ambition and drive to make a difference to safety within the business
- Will possess the interpersonal skills, integrity and commercial awareness to maintain excellent working relationships at all levels
- Will be able to prioritise time
- Will be able to combine a range of strategic and hands-on tasks and manage a diverse workload
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, private healthcare, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, home working, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme ,employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking + much more
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result, you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
£40k to £45k + company benefits