Worksop Worksop Old Manton Wood Colliery Site, Retford Road S80 2RZ 53.298218 -1.092007
UK Worksop B&Q - 12298
We have a superb new opportunity for a Finance Officer to join our B&Q contract based in Worksop.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Reporting to the Finance Manager
- As a key member of the contracts’ management team, responsible for assisting the Site Accountant in controlling all aspects of the Finance function ensuring accurate and timely reporting both to B&Q and Wincanton:
- Preparation of Customer weekly accounts and KPI's including open book reconciliations
- Assist Finance Manager in completion of Wincanton weekly and month end accounts
- Assist Finance Manager in completion of Wincanton month end balance sheets and open book reconciliations
- Assist Finance Manager with completion of site Period Pack information
- Assist with collation of annual budget and quarterly forecasts
- Production of sales invoices and debt information
- Supporting of purchasing process
- Support wider Finance team, particularly during peak periods
- Support cover of Finance team when required (holidays etc.)
What will you bring?
- A part qualified Accountant would be preferable but relevant experience will be considered.
- Developed numerical and literacy skills are essential, combined with ability to translate financial / commercial issues to a non-financial audience
- Highly PC literate in particular with particular emphasis on excel skills
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to develop effective relationships within the customer and Wincanton businesses
- An influential and challenging individual, able to motivate and develop self and others
- High levels of personal drive, to both work independently and to balance the demands of a major contract. Ability to work within a rapidly changing environment.
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, home working, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more.
**We are open to having conversations about flexible working
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
UK Worksop B&Q - 12298