This role will oversee and lead the operational activity of a sited based operation through site Duty Manager’s. It will ensure the commercial, profit, retention and contractual objectives are met and exceeded and importantly will help drive better synergies across the regional sites.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Accountable for the delivery of all contractual KPI’s and budget requirements across all sites
- Drive synergies across multiple sites
- Deliver and support the development of the region’s strategy in line with the contract and business strategy
- Driving delivery of organic growth with existing customers by increasing volume from existing contracts for existing sites in collaboration with the Account Manager
- Set planning profit targets
- Prepare annual ops budget
- Build robust working relationships with all key stakeholders to ensure first class operational performance which results in long term partnerships.
- Deliver a culture of efficiency and continuous improvement by utilising the most appropriate methodology on a consistent basis
- Ensure that a best in class HSE performance is achieved within the sites and that a culture of safety in everything we do is embedded.
- Ensure that a high-performance culture is developed and maintained across the BU through the site Leadership teams to deliver operational excellence and continuously meet performance and productivity targets on a day to day basis
- Build a useful network of external contacts to support business growth and ensure exposure to best practice
What will you bring?
- Circa 5+ years’ experience in leading all aspects of a site, customer led operation and proven track record in delivering innovative performance improvements and operational excellence. Knowledge of the complete life cycle of a contract i.e. start-ups and closures is ideal.
- Knowledge of support services / contracts business model (including 3PL) highly desirable
- Demonstrable exemplary customer relationship management skills with the flexibility in style, approach to engaging with a number of clients with varying requirements at the same time.
- Excellent commercial acumen - understands dynamics of ‘open/ closed book’ contracts & develops a profit centre approach & culture amongst the Account team that is focused on bottom line performance.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with an ability to influence at all levels. Able to manage conflict and tough conversations including complex IR issues.
- Succeeds in building effective stakeholder relationships with the ability to influence management team’s thinking to deliver high performance through a culture of accountability and ownership.
- Agile approach to strategy and planning with a proven experience of adapting operational plans to changing customer requirements whilst also achieving a commercial benefit
- Understands how to use IT / technology to drive performance
- Able to manage Equality and Diversity issues and creates a culture of respect and “Dignity at Work” for all
- Understands team dynamics and composition and applies knowledge to develop high performing teams
- High level of self-awareness (including via psychometric profiling) and takes accountability for own development. Seeks and provides feedback on a regular basis
- Personal resilience, tenacity and motivated by achievement
- Highly numerate and excellent written skills
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, private healthcare, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme ,employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking + much more
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result you should submit your CV as soon as possible!