Warehouse Shift Manager
Tunbridge Wells Tunbridge Wells Pembury Grange TN2 3DG 51.1437775 0.3013751
UK Tunbridge Wells - 12627
£35k + company benefits
To successfully lead the warehouse team to ensure an effective warehouse operation is established and maintained in order to meet all Key Performance Indicators and exceed customer expectations.
Come and be part of one of the UK’s leading 3PL’, working with some of the leading blue chip FMCG businesses in the UK. Offering a White Glove Service, we are looking for a Manager who can lead, motivate and strengthen our team.
Shift Pattern - working 5 out of 7 on rotating shifts.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third-party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do, and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Ensure ‘Positive Customer Experience’ is embraced by the entire team and is delivered on each delivery
- Effective management and motivation of the warehouse team in order to ensure that the service provided meets the high levels of performance required by the client.
- Achievement of all targets in line with operational key performance indicators, whilst supporting, implementing and introducing innovative ideas and solutions.
- Monitor and manage the financial costs in relation to warehouse activities to maximise the profit achieved for Wincanton.
- Implementation and maintenance of best practice value to all aspects of the business with a view to continually improving working practice, profit and efficiency.
- Proactively develop and maintain effective relationships with the client, the team and other functions to ensure excellent customer service is achieved.
- Lead, motivate, train and develop the team and ensure consistent full utilization of resources is achieved.
- Ensuring that Key Performance Indicators are met and where possible exceeded, whilst supporting, implementing and introducing innovative ideas and solutions.
- Develop new procedures and training methods in order to drive performance to new levels whilst at the same time aiming to reduce cost.
- Complete regular performance reviews with direct reports and implement improvement action plans where required.
- Conduct disciplinary, grievance and appeal meetings in line with current policies as required, ensuring HR are involved in the process.
- Conduct monthly team meetings on site.
- Ensure all sites operate in accordance with Health and Safety policy and procedures.
- Authorise all payroll amendments on a monthly basis.
- Conduct recruitment in accordance with current policy.
- Ensure all employees receive appropriate training in order to successfully perform in their role.
What will you bring?
- Experience in managing a team in a busy warehouse environmentEnsuring SLA’s and KPI’s are driven
- Constantly ensuring standards of productivity and quality are maintained
- Ensuring the operation consistently meets the requirements of our multi-user customer base
- Proactively manage the day to day activities of the operation by allocating resources, monitoring performance, hands-on supervision of team members including; coaching, mentoring, absence management, holiday allocation, discipline, grievance
- Conduct One to Ones, induction training, recruitment, promote good industrial relations and accident investigations
- You’ll be joining our business as a key member of the Distribution Management team. Working alongside our Operational management team, you will support your Depot Manager in ensuring the smooth running of the DC
- You will be responsible for motivating and engaging with all colleagues, problem solving on a day to day basis and operationally.
Experience and skills:
- PC literate (Microsoft Word and Excel, email)
- Management of a warehouse operation
- Detailed understanding of warehouse management systems.
- Reports to the Distribution Centre Manager
- Manages a team of Team Leaders and Operatives
- Liaises with internal departments to resolve customer issues
- Ability to manage DC in DCM absence.
- Customer focus
- Problem solving and decision making
- Data facility
- Must be able to work shifts as necessitated by the contract, 5 from 7 days per week
- Flexibility on shift patterns and work location.
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, private healthcare, annual leaves + bank hols with the option to buy more, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme ,employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result, you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
Note to recruitment agencies: we prefer to recruit direct, but we do have a Preferred Supplier List for when we need a helping hand. We’ll be in touch if we need you.
UK Tunbridge Wells - 12627
£35k + company benefits