Nights Transport Administrator
Doncaster Doncaster Trax Park, Decoy Bank South DN4 5PD 53.5049101 -1.120416
UK Doncaster Multi User - 12744
We are looking for a candidate for the role of Nights Transport Administrator working 4 on 4 off nightshift pattern (6pm-6am) based on the Redhouse Interchange Business Park. You will work within a busy Transport department and will be responsible for the effective and efficient customer focused delivery of daily multi drop deliveries to stores and supporting the closed book transport performance.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- To work with, assist, and report to the Transport Operations Manager
- Despatch and debrief Drivers
- Accurate completion of daily Transport paperwork in-line with company policy and procedures
- Collation & input of statistical information for various Transport reports
- Close liaison with other departments within the site and Contract
- Assist with the management of vehicle defects through the VOR process
- Administration control of Tachographs
- Ensuring agency questionnaires are completed in full and are accurate
- General administration duties in-line with Transport legislation, company policy and procedures
- Instruct Drivers according to operational requirements and schedule adherence
- Assist in the completion of day-to-day operational activities
What will you bring?
- An effective proactive communicator, able to develop good working relationships with both colleagues and customers and demonstrate the Wincanton value of togetherness
- Excellence in communication and be able to demonstrate integrity in people skills
- Preferred knowledge of relevant driver legislation
- Excellent administration skills
- Attention to detail to ensure accurate records maintained
- Ability to work under strict timescales and work under own initiative
- IT literacy to include: Excel, Word and Outlook
- Team player, self-motivated, flexible and confident
- Willing to work weekends and Bank Holidays
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, 23 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, home working, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more.
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
UK Doncaster Multi User - 12744