Class 1 LGV Bulk Tank/Curtain-side Relief Driver
Dagenham Dagenham Freighliner Rail Depot, Chequers Lane RM9 6PT 51.5306964 0.147848
£33,146.88 - £38,658.88 per annum
Wincanton are recruiting Class 1 LGV Bulk Tank/Curtain-sider Relief Drivers, to join our Breedon contract in Dagenham.
- £33,146.88 per annum – Based on 48 hours a week and no uplifts
- £13.28 per hour
- Start times between 04:00 – 06:00
- Monday - Friday
- Tramping as required
- £19.92 - Saturday rate
- £26.56 - Sunday & Bank holiday rate
- Day off in lieu for any bank holidays worked
- £26.50 per night out allowance
Salary - £33,146.88 pa - Based on 48 hours a week and no uplifts
Potential Salary - £38,658.88 pa - Based on 48 hours and 4 nights out per week
Basic Salary - £27,622.40 – Based on contracted 40 hours and no uplifts
- Permanent 40 hour a week contract
- Essential DCPC training
- Full bulk tanker training provided
- Paid holiday entitlement – 22 days plus 8 bank holidays
- Full uniform provided
- Company pension scheme
- Child care vouchers
- RAC discount
- High street, Online Stores and Restaurant Discounts
- £500 for recommending a lorry driver friend and your friend also gets £250!
What we expect from our drivers
- You will provide cover for the bulk and palletised operation at Dagenham. You will need to be comfortable delivering bulk powder products on tankers and also delivering palletised products on curtain-siders.
- If there is not a vehicle available at Dagenham, you may be a required to cover fleet based at other depots – such as Walsall/Hope Valley.
- You will be responsible for the accurate and timely movement and delivery of our customers’ products, servicing the Construction sector.
- Ensuring all documentation is completed accurately with attention to detail.
- Adhering to safe working practices to ensure the safety of yourself and others at all times.
- Complying with all relevant legislation in line with Drivers Hours and Working Time Directive requirements (opt out available).
- Keep truck clean at all times.
- Flexible to work weekends if necessary.
Experience and Qualifications
- Must hold a valid HGV LGV Class 1 licence
- Must hold a valid Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (DCPC Card)
- Must hold a Digital Tachograph card
- Must not have more than 6 points on your licence
- Minimum 12 months Class 1 driving experience required.
- Must be fully flexible on working hours.
- Possess excellent customer facing awareness.
- Good timekeeper and able to work unsupervised.
- Enthusiastic and reliable with a commitment to delivering 1st class customer service.
- Must have good communication skills and a flexible ‘can do’ attitude to work.
- Must have a good geographical knowledge.
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company, we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
£33,146.88 - £38,658.88 per annum