Warehouse Team Manager
Kettering Kettering North Kettering Business Park, Glendon Road NN14 1UB 52.427664 -0.73579
UK Kettering Argos - 10954
Our continued success and business growth has opened up an exciting opportunity for a Warehouse Team Manager to join our team, working either 6am-2pm or 2pm–10pm, any 5/7 – weekend work is included.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Reporting to the Shift Operations Managers
- To manage the operation within your daily area of responsibility, managing a team of warehouse operatives and clerks.
- Be responsible for achieving operational targets, goals and contractual KPI’s for the purpose of ensuring the provision of an effective and efficient quality service
- To manage and motivate the team by giving direction and leadership monitoring performance to ensure the depot achieves high performance levels.
- To ensure operational targets are met on a weekly and monthly basis.
- To provide accurate daily information to enable an effective handover.
- Proactively encourage a positive and constructive relationship on site with the union and union representatives.
- Ensure warehouse comply with health and safety regulations
- Ensure any disciplinary action is carried out following company procedure and aim to resolve grievances on a day-to-day basis by leading by example.
- Undertake such duties as may be reasonably required for the effective operation of the function and department
- Any 5 from 7 shifts with a requirement to work additional hours/shifts as necessary
What will you bring?
- Experience of working within a warehouse environment.
- Knowledge of warehouse management systems.
- Proven experience of supervising / managing a team
- Experience of disciplinary / grievance procedures.
- Ability to work on your own initiative, working to strict deadlines
- A good communicator both verbal and written
- Excellent PC skills
- A flexible team based approach
- General awareness of health and safety
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, home working, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme ,employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more.
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
UK Kettering Argos - 10954