Wigan Wigan Fourmarts Road, Martland Park WN5 0LR 53.555784 -2.679017
UK Wigan Heinz - 10806
Role Principles and Purpose
To support and assist as the Quality Co-ordinator in meetings and sustaining all Quality objectives and targets across the NDC and the areas in the DC where Wincanton employees are employed
As part of the Quality function you will be required to support all functions within the overall operation.
You will represent ‘Quality’ on site and play a key supportive role in delivering the message to all functions that Quality is key to a successful logistics and warehousing operation.
- Update & maintain process flow documents utilising Flow Map software.
- Transfer standard operating procedures into agreed site formats, to be included as part of the Operations manual.
- Together with the Quality Co-ordinator ensure that all quality standards are adhered to.
- Assist with the relevant administration to ensure that all quality documents conform with the site’s document and version control protocol.
- Maintain quality notice boards across site, digital and hard copy ensuring that all data is relevant and up to date.
- Assist the Quality Co-ordinator in the auditing of the shared drive folders, recommending where applicable deleting or archiving old, duplicated or unnecessary files.
- Support the updating and maintenance of HACCP studies into appropriate site formats.
- Distribute reports ensuring 100% accuracy of any reports required as part of the Quality teams accountabilities.
- Print reports, track data input onto spreadsheet and maintain administration in respect of BMS temperatures.
- Demonstrate exemplary time management skills in line with Wincanton policy.
- Develop strong working relationships with colleagues across the operations and support them in achieving quality standards.
- Follow site’s SHE policies and challenge unsafe actions and behaviours of others where necessary.
- Together with the Quality Co-ordinator carry out internal audits of processes and procedures
- Work as part of the HACCP team to ensure the highest standards are met
- Undertake any other actions required as part of the broader Wincanton team
- Where required liaise with the Customers regarding any Quality issues.
- Liaise with SHE Team for any Ecolab issues.
- If requested to, for example in the absence of the Quality Co-ordinator, liaise with Kraft Heinz/Ella’s Kitchen management representatives to ensure that all stock levels are maintained and reconciled on all systems for all aspects of stock issues.
- Undertake on site stock checking where required.
- Impromptu report printing for the collation of data to monitor site KPI’s for Kraft Heinz/Ella’s Kitchen.
- Support the Quality Co-ordinator in ensuring all customer service issues are communicated to the relevant personnel and resolved in a timely fashion.
- Comply with the Safety Health Environment and Quaity processes to ensure a safe working environment for self and others.
- Adherence to the Wincanton Quality Policy (Policy available in the office for reference and will form part of the induction)
- Compliance with the HACCP standards (Standards available in the office for reference and will form part of the induction)
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels, both internal & external.
- Flexible, willing and able to carry out any task required as part of the overall site and Quality team.
- Attention to detail ensuring 100% compliance at all times.
- Confidence to challenge processes or actions where they do not conform to site standards.
- Intermediate / Advanced skills in MS Office applications.
- PC skills required for production of spreadsheets and databases.
- Ability to cope with pressure and meet tight deadlines to ensure that targets are met.
- Logical & systematic mindset in identifying issues and problem solving.
- Commitment and self motivation to achieving the site’s and Wincanton’s key objectives and goals.
- Preferably educated to GCSE level.
- Trained in HACCP and Audit
UK Wigan Heinz - 10806