Wigan Wigan Fourmarts Road, Martland Park WN5 0LR 53.555784 -2.679017
UK Wigan Heinz - 10819
Wincanton currently have an opportunity for a part qualified CIMA/ACCA accountant to join the General Haulage Finance Team at Heinz/Wigan.
You will be highly motivated, organised and conscientious with strong communication skills and can demonstrate the flexibility and willingness to learn. The ability to work as part of a team is essential.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Reporting to the Finance Manager.
- Direct responsibility for one or more major contract/s but with involvement across all team activities
- Play a key role in the completion of weekly financial and statistics packs.
- Generate transaction reports on a weekly basis from the Transport Management System (Freighter) to complement the weekly accounts process.
- Assist with the Wincanton period end reconciliation process.
- Feedback weekly P&L results to Operational teams and challenge the results when applicable.
- Work with the Operational teams to drive P&L improvements through insights.
- Analysis of operational as well as financial data in order to explain trends and justify expenditure levels
- Provide further analysis to support the weekly P&L result when required.
- Ensure customer invoices are raised on a timely basis and develop controls to ensure invoicing accuracy.
- Actively support the Credit Control teams to ensure invoices are settled in accordance with agreed payment terms.
- Complete and interpret periodic Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Assist with and manage the production of Wincanton budgets/forecasts
- Producing ad-hoc reports, costings and expenditure trend analysis as required.
- Provide support to the wider Finance team, particularly around sickness and holidays.
What will you bring?
- Previous Accounting experience.
- Previous Logistics/supply chain experience would be desirable but not a necessity
- Possessing or working towards a recognised Accounting qualification
- Sound Ledger knowledge.
- PC skills with knowledge of accounting standards.
- Excellent communication skills and confident in dealing with problems and challenges.
- Ability to work as part of a team with a positive attitude.
- Enthusiastic, flexible, reliable & highly organised.
- Accustomed to work under pressure and respond to short term requests.
- Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work on own initiative and work within tight deadlines.
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, home working, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more.
**We are open to having conversations about flexible working.
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
UK Wigan Heinz - 10819